- Dehusked green gram dhal:250gms.
- Ghee:2 tbs
- Powdered cardomom:1tsp
- Cashews: 2tbs
- Roast dehusked dhal in a kadai without oil
- Cook dhal and mash well.
- Melt jaggery in a cup of water and strain to remove dirt.
- Extract milk from coconut.keep aside this thick milk.
- Now add water and extract 2nd milk.
- Keep kadai or thick bottomed vessel and put mashed dhal into it.
- Add melted jaggery to it and mix well.
- Now add 2nd extract milk.
- when almost thick add 1st extract milk
- When it begins to boil remove and add cardomom powder
- Heat ghee fry cashews and raisins add to it.
Payasam is now ready.Serving with vadai or with banana and papad is a good combination.Instead of coconut milk ordinary milk can be added.