- Urad dhal 1/2 kg
- Green chillies 6 to 8 according to taste.
- Chopped onions 2 to 3 tbs.
- chopped coriander leaves 1 tbs
- chopped curry leaves 1 tbs
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
- Soak urad dhal in water for one hour.Wash and drain.
- Grind the dhal to a frothy dough.USe as little water as possible with green chillies.
- Squeeze excess water from the chopped onions or sometimes it may loosen the dough.
- Now add chopped coriander leaves, curry leaves,chopped onions and required amount of salt to the dough.
- Heat the oil.
- To make vada take one lime size ball of dough flatten it on the palm of the hand or on a piece of plaintain leaf and put a hole in the centre and deep fry.
- for a variation can reduce the number of chillies and can add chopped ginger or pepper.
- Serve hot with chutney
- Hope you like this south indian snack.