Carrot a very tasty vegetable.It has many health benefits.It is one of the most widewly used and enjoyed vegetable.It can be eaten raw too.This recipie is ver easy to prepare.
Peas 1/4 to 1/2 cup
Mustard and urad dhal
salt to taste
Chilly Powder accdg to taste
Coconut scrapings (optional)
- Wash carrots remove the outer skin grate it and keep aside.
- Cook peas seperately with little salt.
- Take a kadai add oil to it add mustard seeds after spluttering add urad dhal.
- now add curry leaves,chopped onion,capsicum and saute it.
- Add the grated carrot mix and saute on medium heat.Reduce to low flame place lid and let it cook for about 10 mts.must check that it does’nt get burnt.
- Add cooked peas to it
- Add required amount of salt and chilly powder.
- mix well.carrot will loose it moisture content.
- Add chopped coriander leaves.
Best combination for rasam and dhal ot sambar or even for morkuzhambu.
Coconut scrapings is optional can add at the end
Instead of chilly powder can use green chillies too.