chilli powder as desired
a few salt as needed
1.Wash and cut the snake gourd length wise .Remove seeds also soft white portion.cut into thin slices.
2. Take pudalanga in a colander add little chilly powder and salt to it.water will come out.
3.In a kadai add oil add mustard seeds and urad dhal when it fries add curry leaves then add the vegetable to it.
4.According to your taste add more chilly powder and salt.
keep on frying.When done remove from fire.
Best side dish for sambar rice and curd rice.
Potato fry is a common recipie.But today I thought of sharing with you all a very traditional recipie which I learnt from my mother. Simple and easy one.
Potato cut into pieces :1 t0 2 cups
Coconut scrapings: 3 to 4 Tbs
Green chillies:2 or 3 accdg to taste
Mustard seeds :urad dhal for seasoning
cumin seeds :1/2 tsp
garlic:2 to 3 pods
Curry leaves a few
Salt as desired
oil :1 tbs
- Cook and Peel potatoes then cut into cubes.
- Boil peas seperately.
- Grind coconut scrapings, cumin seeds ,green chillies and garlic pod into a fine paste.
- In a kadai put oil add mustard seeds urad dhal then curry leaves.
- Add potatoes and peas with required salt and little water.
- Then add the grinded masala to it.
- when it gets thickened remove from fire.
Side dish for rice.
Ghee rice is a rice variety which has to be eaten with veg. kurma or those who take non-veg can eat with chicken or egg curry.My whole family likes to eat with vegetable kurma and salad.
There are different versions of ghee rice and veg. kurma.Here I am sharing my way of cooking ghee rice and veg. kurma.
- Rice:2 cups
- Coconut milk:2 cups
- Water:2 cups
- Bay leaf:1
- Cardomom:3 to 4
- Cinnamon 1″ piece 2
- Big onion :1
- Mint leaves a few
- Coriander leaves finely chopped 1 tbs
- chilly sauce:1 to 2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste:1 tsp
- ghee :3 to 4 tbs
- Turmeric powder a pinch
Extract milk from coconut it should be 2 cups
- wash and drain the water from rice and keep it aside
1.In a pressure cooker first pour 2 tbs. ghee.when ghee gets heated add bat leaves, cardomom,cloves and cinnamon fry a little and then add onions ginger ,garlic paste,chilly paste and mint leaves.
2.Add rice and fry for few minutes
3. To it add water and coconut milk
4.Add salt and chopped coriander leaves and cover it.Keep it for 2 whistles.
Garnish with onions fried in ghee.
Mixed veg.:1 cup
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Ginger garlic paste 1/2 tsp
For grinding masala:
- Coconut scrapings1/3rd cup
- fennel seeds 1/2 tsp
- cinnamon 1 small piece.
- cloves 2
- green chillies 2
- coriander leaves chopped 1 tbs
1.Heat a pressure pan add oil when heated add onion and tomato fry till tomato becomes mushy.
2.Add the vegetables enough water and turmeric powder and allow it to cook for 1 whistle.
3.Now when pressure releases open and add the grinded paste if u need it to be morer spicy add chilly powder and garam masala powder accdg to your taste.
4. allow to boil and finally add coriander leaves.
Onion cucumber raitha
- Curd : 1 cup
- Onion finely chopped 1/2 cup
- cucumber 1/3 rd cup
- Increase or decrease the quantity of onion and cucumber accdg. to your taste
Serve ghee rice with veg. kurma and salad.
Maa Ladoo is one of the popular and easiest recipie in South India.It is a healthy one and also kids friendly.It is very rich in iron.
- Roasted gram /pottukadalai : 1/2 cup
- sugar :1/4 to 1/2 cup
- Cardomom powder:1/4 tsp
- Cashew:1 tbsp(optional)
- Ghee Approximately 1/3rd cup
1.Dry roast potukadalai on medium heat. Till we get the aroma.See that the color does’nt change.Cool and powder it finely in mixie. Sieve the flour and keep aside.
2.Powder sugar finely.Sieve sugar also .
3.In a plate or bowl add both the flour and sugar and mix well.
4. If adding cashews fry in ghee and add to it.
5.Heat ghee and add little by little to the mixture mixing with a spoon.when we are able to touch we should be able to shape into balls.
Allow it to set. Store in air tight container.