Pala kottai poriyal is another traditional recipe .Simple and easy recipe with easily available ingredient.After eating the fruit the seeds can be used for cooking.we can use the seeds in sambar,cook it with other vegetable while preparing avial,roast it and can also be cooked with raw fruit
First remove seed from the fruit.Then from the seedremove the outer white skin from the seed.We can apply oil in our hands.Then cut the seeds I two..we can cook it separately or else can cook while cooking riceIf it is tender 2 or 3 whistles is enough or else few more whistles.
Mustard seeds…….3/4 tsp
Urad dhal…….1/2 TSP
Chilly powder……1 to 2 TSP
Salt as required
Coconut scrapings……1 to 2 TBS.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add mustard seeds when it splutters add urad dhal fry till it turns brown
- Add chopped onions and fry then add curry leaves.
- Now add chilli powder salt as needed.
- Fry a little add palakottai which are boiled
- When everything mixes well add coconut scrapings
Side dish for rice.how to cook palakottai,jackfruit seed stir fry.