This is a vegetable with very high fibre content. This is a simple recipe .After washing the beans we have to destring it. Snap off the tip of one end of the bean and pull the string .Snap and pull the other end of the bean too.The snapped off ends and string are waste. If it is small and tender then snap of the ends it will be enough.
Chop the avarakai add 1/2 TSP of turmeric powder and cook.
- Avarakai……500 gms
- Turmeric powder…..1/2 TSP
- Oil for tempering
- Mustard seeds…….1/2 TSP
- Urad dhal…….,1/4 TSP
- Curry leaves…….a few
- Salt as needed
- Coconut scraping….. 1/3rd cup
- Cumin seeds…….1/2 TSP
- Coriander leaves few
- Green chillies few
- Add oil in a pan.when it gets heated add mustard seeds after spluttering add urad dhal.
- Add curry leaves.
- Now add the boiled vegetables,salt and after few minutes add the grinded paste to it.
- Mix well.
- When the raw smellgoes switch off .Serve with rice