Kovaka also known as Tindora is a small green coloured vegetable.It is affordable,healthy and tasty one.It is a good source of fibre and other nutrients.This is a simple stir fry recipe.
- Kovakai……..500 GM’s
- Onion……1 or 2
- Chilli powder……..1 to 2 TSP
- Turmeric powder……..1/2 TSP
- Oil for frying
- Salt as required
- Mustard seeds………1/4 TSP
- Urad dhal………1/2 tsp
- Wash,drain and cut ivy guord into thin slices.
- Now add little salt and chilli powder and put in a sieve the vegetables and allow the water to come out.
- Heat little oil in a kadai.
- Add mustard seeds when it splutters add urad dhal after few minutes add chopped onions.
- After few seconds add kovakkai and then required balance salt turmeric powder and chillipowder till it is done.
If u don’t want to add onions u can leave it
Watch “மொறுமொறு கோவைhttps://youtu.be/SG898Mc.OQmcக்காய் வறுவல்/crispy ivy guord fry/ side dish for rice chapathi” on YouTube