Bread halwa can be easily prepared when compared with other types of halwa.This recipe can convert a boring food a bread into an interesting sweet.
- Bread……6 slices
- Milk…….2 cups
- Cashews……1/4 cups
- Sugar……1/2 to 3/4 cups
- Ghee……1/2 cup
- Remove edges from the sides of the bread and cut into small pieces.(some use the brown edges too)
- Pour ghee in a kadai and first fry cashews in it.keep aside few for garnishing and the rest powder it
- In the remaining ghee add bread pieces and fry
- When it is fried add milk to it.Allow it to cook.
- Then add the powdered cashews and sugar to the mixture.
- When it leaves the sides of the pan add fried cashews and then remove it.
Never reduce the quantity of ghee otherwise it will be sticky.
Can add badam also instead of cashews.