Bread halwa can be easily prepared when compared with other types of halwa.This recipe can convert a boring food a bread into an interesting sweet.
- Bread__6 slices
- Milk__2 cups
- Cashews__1/4 cups
- Sugar__1/2 to 3/4 cups
- Ghee ___1/2 cup
- Remove edges from the sides of the bread and cut into small pieces.(some use the brown edges too)
- Pour ghee in a kadai and first fry cashews in it.keep aside few for garnishing and the rest powder it
- In the remaining ghee add bread pieces and fry
- When it is fried add milk to it.Allow it to cook.
- Then add the powdered cashews and sugar to the mixture.
- When it leaves the sides of the pan add fried cashews and then remove it.
Never reduce the quantity of ghee otherwise it will be sticky.
Can add badam also instead of cashews.
Another easy recipe from me.This can be prepared with freshly made idlis or from left over ones.This is a kids friendly recipeThis is a Tiffin recipe for lunch or evening snack.
- Small idly or bigger ones cut into pieces.
- Oil for frying
- Onion_____2or 3
- Tomato___1 or 2
- Garlic_____few pods
- Ginger____14 tsp.grated
- Or can use ginger garlic paste
- Chilly sauce___1/2 tsp
- Tomato sauce_1/2 tsp
- Soya sauce_1/2 tsp
- Sugar _____1/4 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
Idli_ __ 5 nos cut into pieces or small idlis a bowl.Fry idols either by shallow fry method or deep fry and keep aside
- Heat oil in a kadai first add onions after frying a little add capsicum,tomatoes and green chilly
- Now add ginger and garlic or ginger and garlic paste.
- After frying a little add tomato sauce,chilli sauce,soya sauce,sugar.
- Sprinkle little water after adding salt to it.
- When the masala is mixed well add fried idlis to it.
- See that the masala blends well with the idly
- Garnish with coriander leaves
Serve with raitha or Sambhar and chutney
- When you fry dont fry too brown It should be crisp outside and soft inside.
- Can add red chilli powder or pepper powder reducing ginger garlic paste.
- When frying if it sticks refrigerate idlis for some time.
- If packing for kids avoid green chilly and can reduce ginger garlic paste.
1.Rasam should not boil too much.
2.We should not cover the greens while cooking(keerai)
3.Dont store potatoes and bananas in fridge
4.Don’t eat cabbage and cauliflower if there is thyroid problem.
5.Don’t fry onions and tomatoes together first fry onions then add tomatoes.
EASY TIPS WHILE COOKING
1.While adding salt to pickle fry and add it keeps pickle fresher for longer time.
2.For preparing onion bajjis instead of peeling and cutting you cut and then peel.
3.Suppose if after preparing ready made jamun are hard you remove from syrup steam them and then put in jeera syrup
4.Breaking jaggery will be easier if kept in cloth and broken.
5. After melting ghee pour little water in that vessel and boil it.add this water while preparing Rasam or Sambhar it will enhance the taste.
6. If you have forgotten to soak dhal for sundal fry a little and then pour boiling water it will soak quickly.