Another easy recipe from me.This can be prepared with freshly made idlis or from left over ones.This is a kids friendly recipeThis is a Tiffin recipe for lunch or evening snack.
- Small idly or bigger ones cut into pieces.
- Oil for frying
- Onion_____2or 3
- Tomato___1 or 2
- Garlic_____few pods
- Ginger____14 tsp.grated
- Or can use ginger garlic paste
- Chilly sauce___1/2 tsp
- Tomato sauce_1/2 tsp
- Soya sauce_1/2 tsp
- Sugar _____1/4 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
Idli_ __ 5 nos cut into pieces or small idlis a bowl.Fry idols either by shallow fry method or deep fry and keep aside
- Heat oil in a kadai first add onions after frying a little add capsicum,tomatoes and green chilly
- Now add ginger and garlic or ginger and garlic paste.
- After frying a little add tomato sauce,chilli sauce,soya sauce,sugar.
- Sprinkle little water after adding salt to it.
- When the masala is mixed well add fried idlis to it.
- See that the masala blends well with the idly
- Garnish with coriander leaves
Serve with raitha or Sambhar and chutney
- When you fry dont fry too brown It should be crisp outside and soft inside.
- Can add red chilli powder or pepper powder reducing ginger garlic paste.
- When frying if it sticks refrigerate idlis for some time.
- If packing for kids avoid green chilly and can reduce ginger garlic paste.
4 replies on “CHILLI IDLY FRY”
An amazing convert of leftover Idlys
LikeLiked by 1 person
This is really tasty.I like it.Thanks for sharing the receipe.