Vangi Bhath is a South Indian dish.In a simple way we call it brinjal rice.A single rice recipe and also tiffinbox recipe too.The powder is the key ingredient for this rice.can store the powder in fridge for up to 10 days and use it when needed.
Rice 2 bowls cookedBrinjal 1 cup cut lengthwise
- Red chillies 4 or 5
- Coriander seeds 2 tbs
- Channa dhal 2tbs
- Urad dhal 2tbs
- Pepper1 tsp
- Cinnamon a small piece
- khus khus 1tsp
- Grated Dry coconut2tbs(optional)
- Oil for seasoning
- Mustardseeds1/4 tsp
- Urad dhal 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves a few
- Dry roast the ingredients separately and powder it.
- Take a pan put little oil .
- Put mustard seeds when it splutters add urad dhal fry a little add curry leaves.
- Now add cut brinjals to it.fry .when almost done add the powder and required salt.
- When it mixes well add cooked rice to it.
Serve with raitha or papads