Gopi masala dosai or cauliflower masala dosai is another dosa variety from my cuisine.This is an all time favourite for my family members.Can easily prepare this curry.If curry is left over can use it for rotis or Chappathi as a side dish.Two steps are involved one is preparing the curry and second is stuffing the curry in the dosa.
Dosa batter as required.
- Cauliflower finely chopped and cooked 1cup
- Onion_1 finely chopped
- Tomato_1 chopped
- Green chillies_2chopped or can use chilly powder instead.
- Mustard seeds and urad dhal 1tsp
- Curry leaves a few
- Ginger garlic paste_1tsp
- Coriander powder _1tsp
- Vegetable masala powder 1tsp/ or Sambhar powder 1 tsp.
- Salt as needed.
- Oil for frying as well as for dosa
- Cashew nut paste or coconut paste 1to 2 tbs.
If you are going to add cashew paste soak in hot water and grind it into paste. and keep aside.
Boil cauliflower florets with salt and a pinch of turmeric and keep aside. when cold chop into small bits.
- In a wok put oil and add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dhal.
- Now add ginger and garlic paste and fry.
- Now add onions ,green chillies curry leaves and saute it.
- Add chopped tomatoes to it and fry till it becomes mushy.
- At this stage add turmeric powder,if you are going to add chilli powder vegetable masala powder,coriander powder and salt add now,mix well
- After mixing add cooked cauliflower allow the masala to blend well
- Add cashew paste or coconut paste.
- Add coconut paste or cashew paste to get it thickened.Finally add chopped coriander leaves.
To prepare dosa:
- Keep Dosa tawa and put one laddle of dough on it.Spread into a round shapes one.
- Drizzle oil or ghee on it .
- When it is cooked and crispy keep a spoonful of masala in one side of the dosa cover with lid for few seconds.Then cover it with the other half.After few seconds remove from fire.
Serve hot with chutney and Sambhar.
Frying onion 🍅 and masal items.
Allowing curry to boil.
When it gets thicker switch it off.
This dosa is done with finely chopped cauliflower.