Potatoes are starchy tuberous crop.Potàtoes are one of the most versatile and delicious vegetable. Potatoes have become a staple food in many parts of the world and an integral part of much of the world’s food supply.
Potatoes are often broadly classified as high on the glycemic index and. So are often excluded from the diets of individual who follow a low g.i.index.
Potatoes are an excellent source of vitC,a good source of potassium,vit.B6,fat and sodium.They are incredibly filling.
- Oil 3 tbs
- Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
- Uraddhal—–1/2 tsp
- Green chillies___3
- Onion___1 or 2 finely chopped.
- Coconut scraping___4 tbs
- Curry leaves few
- Salt as needed
- Boil and mash potatoes after removing skin
- Add salt and fresh grated coconut and mix well.
- Keep a kadai add oil after that add mustard seeds when it splutters add urad dhal when it turns brown add curry leaves, chopped onions and slit green chillies and saute it.
- Finally add mashed potatoes to it.
Simply flavoured side dish for rice.