Arbi fry can be a starter or can be eaten as a side dish for variety rice like lime rice or even for rasam.In my home it’s a all time favourite for all.
- Salt as required
- Red chilli powder
- Oil for frying.
- 1 to 2 TBS oil to marinate
- Clean colacasia and you steam cook or cook in pressure cooker for 2 whistles.
- Remove the skin .It will peel off easilyShould be slimy but not mushy.
- Add chilli powder and sprinkle salt and oil to marinate after cutting into 2 pieces.
- Marinate and keep it in fridge for 10 to 15 mts.
- Either fry it deep fry or fry in a non-stick pan adding oil liberally.
The vegetable has to be cooked properly.It goes well with morkulambu.
Red kidney beans is a variety of the common beans.They are good source of several vitamins and minerals such as folate, cz molybdenum,iron,copper,manganese, potassium,vit.K,and phosphorus.
- Rajma beans……..1cup
- Oil………….1 to 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds….1/4 tsp
- Urad dhal……..1/2 tsp
- Green chillies…2 or 3 as required
- Curry leaves ….A few
- Coconut scrapings….2 tsp
- Salt as required.
Soak rajma overnight for 7 to 8 hrs.And pressure cook for 5 to 6 whistles.
- Keep aside the cooked beans.
- In a kadai.pour oil.
- Then add mustard seeds when it splutters add urad dhal.
- When urad dhal turns brown add green chillies and curry leaves.
- When it gets fried add cooked rajma salt and when it blends well add coconut scrapings.