Among dosai varieties rawa dosai is one.This is common in South India.We have it either for breakfast or for dinner.Each have different combinations the following is mine.Ingredients
- Roasted rawa……1 cup
- Rice flour………….1 cup
- Chopped onions.1/4 cup
- Green chillies……2
- Grated ginger….1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves..a few
- Coriander leaves..chopped 1 or 2 tbs.
- Cumin seeds…..1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds..1/4 tsp
- Split urad dhal…1/2 tsp
- Coconut cut into small bits
- Salt to taste.
- Curd….1 tbs
- Put oil in a kadai.
- Add mustard seeds when it splutters add split urad dhal when it turns brown.
- Add cumin seeds.
- Now add curry leaves,chopped onion and green chillies.when it turns brown add to batter.
- Mix maida,rice flour and rawa with salt now add 2 to 2.5 cup water it should be watery.
- Now add the fried items chopped coconut,coriander leaves and mix well.
- Heat dosa tawa.
- Pour ladle of batter from edges to centre
- Spread oil all over the dosa
- It takes time
- Add more rice flour and maida if it is sticky.
- If going to add cashews can put in the tawa and then put the batter.
- For a variation can add grated 🥕.
I have added green chillies can add pepper instead of itServe hot with sambar and chutney.