Coriander is a phyto nutrient dense herb rich in geraniol, limonene,campho,elemol and many others,so it helps to control blood sugar cholestrol and free radical.
We have many chutney varieties, Cilantro or KOTHAMALLI chutney is one This is with coriander leaves.
Cilantro is very low in saturated fat and cholestrol and caloric value is nearly non existent. Good in dietary fiber,Vit.A,C,E,K,Calcium,iron, potassium and magnesium. Half cup of fresh cilantro provides 270 IU of vit.A and 16,% of the daily recommended Vit.K. Cilantro gives a fresh boost of flavour without the addition of sea salt or other seasonings.It is rich in phytonutrients,flavonoids andphenotic compounds.
The vit.K and calcium content of cilantro help to build strong bones and hair.It helps to loers anxiety and improves sleep.
- Coriander leaves……1cup
- Tamarind……. Little
- Black urad dhal or white…1tbs
- Red chillies…….4 to 5
- Salt as required
If frying u need oil,1/4tsp mustard seeds,1/2tsp urad dhal.
- Thoroughly wash the coriander leaves.
- Put oil in a kadai add urad dhal and red chillies and fry.
- After frying a little add coriander leaves which are chopped.
- Keep aside and allow till it cools.
- Now add salt and tamarind and grind.
- Add little water to it. At this stage you can use it like a dip . This will be a different taste.
- Another way is that keep kadai again pour little oil add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dhal when it turns brown add the grinded chutney to it.The water content in it will be absorbed and it will begin to get thick.
Can eat with dosai also best for curd rice.
2 replies on “CORIANDER LEAVES CHUTNEY/KOTHAMALLI THUVAIAL”
This is my favorite .it’s healthy and tasty as well.
Yes . Thanks for stopping