India is one the largest producers of drumsticks. It is used widely in cooking. The leaves,the drumsticks even the flowers can be used for cooking. It can be added in curry or can be or can be prepared as stir fry.
Cultivated in many parts across India drumstick is widely known to be therapeutic with a very high nutrition content.
Fresh pods and seeds are an excellent sources of oleic acid a health benefiting mono unsaturated fat. Rich in Vit.C., Vit.B6 and Vit.A. They are packed with valuable minerals and protein.i.e. rich in calcium, iron and others.
It also helps in digestion,protects against infections.
- Murungakkai……2 nos. Cut into 2″
- Turmeric powder….1/2 tsp
- Grated coconut…1/4 cup
- Shallots..4 or 5
- Garlic…2 or 3 cloves
- Red chillies…..2 to 3
- Cumin seeds..1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds…1/4 tsp
- Urad dhal…….1/2 tsp
- Cook the drumsticks pieces with little salt and turmeric with 1 cup water and cook till it is half done.
- Coarse grind the ingredients.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds when it splutters add urad dhal.
- Add drumsticks and grinded paste to it. Check for salt add if needed and when tender and dry remove from fire.
- Serve as side dish for rice.