A simple side dish for tiffin as well as curd rice.This is very spicy and tasty.Easy to make recipe.This traditional recipe is made with fresh green chillies.This is also travel friendly.If we store in air tight containers it will be for 3 to 5 days.If refrigerated will stay for longer period.
- Green chillies……..50 gm
- Tamarind a small lemon size
- Gingelly oil …..4 to 5 tbs
- Turmeric powder…1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds……1/4 tsp
- Urad dhal….1/2 tsp
- Jaggery powdered……1 to 2 tbs
- Salt as required
- Chop green chillies.
- In a kadai pour gingelly oil and add seasonings to it .
- Then add chopped green chillies and fry it.
- Now add tamarind extract and allow it to boil after adding turmeric powder and asafoetida.
- Now add salt.
- When it starts thickening add powdered jaggery.
- When it gets thickened like gravy remove it.
This will taste differently.
Goes well with idli dosa. Can serve with curd rice instead of pickle.Can increase or decrease the quantity of jaggery according to the families taste.