Carrot is a root vegetable usually orange in Color though purple,black,red,white and yellow is available.
It contains high quantities of alpha and beta carotene.It is also a good source of Vit.K and Vit.B2 and many minerals.
- Carrot chopped…..2or 3Nos.
- Onion…..1or 2
- Green chillies…2 or 3
- Grated coconut…3 or 4 TBS
- Mustard seeds…..1/4tsp
- Urad dhal………..1/2tsp
- Oil…..1or 2tbs
- Curry leaves a few
- Chop carrot into small pieces.
- Boil it with little water.
- When half done add salt to it and when it is cooked keep aside.
- In a kadai pour oil and when mustard seeds splutter add urad dhal.
- Then add curry leaves, chopped onions , green chillies and fry it.
- Add cooked carrot and finally add scraped coconut.
Serve with rasam or sambar or curd rice.