A very easy snack which is tasty.This can be made with either maida or wheat flour. This recipe is with maida.Spicy cuts when made with Maida is light in texture but when wheat is used it is dense.
- Maida………..11/2 cup
- Asafoetida….1/4 TSP
- Hot oil…..1 TBS
- Chilli powder…1/4 TSP or chillies 3 or 4 and garlic 4 pods grinded into paste.
- Salt to taste.
- Oil for frying.
- Mix flour,salt, asafoetida either chilli powder or chilli paste hot oil.
- Now add water to the mixture andmake it as a dough.
- Divide into 4 balls.
- Roll it into chappathi.
- With the help of a knife or cutter begin to cut vertically with 1″ apart straight lines and then cross ways. Now we get diamond shape cuts.
- Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai. When hot add few cuts.
- Fry until golden and crispy.
- Fry in batches and store air tight containers after draining oil.
Van increase or decrease the chilli powder or number of chillies according to ones taste.