Ragi is the king of millets .There are many varieties of ragi. This is a whole grain and is a staple in many parts of South India.
The health benefits of ragi:
- Ragi is a whole which is gluten free.
- It is rich in fibre that helps with weight loss and diabetes.
- It is packed with calcium,good carbs,aminoacids and vit.D
- Reverts skin ageing,battles anemia also relaxes the body.
This is a whole grain which means that it contains all three parts of the kernel, the bran,germ and the endosperm . So it retains all essential nutrients that are lost due to processing.
Because of its nutritional value it can be placed in the pinnacle of food grains.
Today I am going to share with you ragi dosa recipe.
- Ragi flour….1 to 11/2 cup
- Urad dhal…1/4 to 1/2 cup
- Methi seeds…1 TSP
- Oil…….1 TBS for seasoning
- Mustard seeds…1/4 TSP
- Urad dhal……..1/2 TSP
- Onion …1 finely chopped
- Green chillies….2 or 3
- Curry leaves a few
- Capsicum a small one finely chopped but it is optional.
- Oil for making dosa.
- Salt …..as needed
- Soak urad dhal and methi seeds in water for few hrs.
- Then grind it into a fine paste.
- First mix grounded urad dhal with the ragi flour with salt and make it in a dosa batter consistency
- In a kadai put oil when it gets heated add mustard seeds after spluttering add urad dhal.
- When urad dhal turns brown add chopped onions ,curry leaves and green chillies.If u are adding capsicum add it now.
- When it is done add it to the batter.
- Place a tawa when it gets heated pour a paddle if the batter and sprinkle oil.
- When it is done flip it on the other side too till it gets cooked.
- When ready serve it with sambar or chutney
Can prepare dosa with ragi flour with curd or buttermilk alone and rest of the procedure is same.This is instant dosa.
But I prefer with urad dhal as it will be very soft.