Hash browns a new recipe tried by me. Also a different type of snack.
- Pepper powder….1 to 2 tsp
- Rice flower….2 tbs
- Corn flour….2 tbs
- Onion powder…1 tbs. ( I didn’t have onion do added onions finely chopped).
- Oil for frying
- First select potatoe s which are hard.
- Clean potatoes,peel skin and grate it with grater with big holes.
- Wash in water for 2 or 3 times do that the starch gets removed and the water is clear.
- Put 1 tsp salt and boil it for 2 mts with low medium fire.If cloudy froth appears remove it.Switch off the flame and immediately rinse it in cold water.
- Now spread thegratedpotato in a towel.
- Now spread the grated potatoes on a towel.
- Squeese the excess water and dry it for few mts.
- Put the grated potatoes,onion powder,rice flour,corn flour, pepper powder and mix well.
- Two ways:
- On a parchment paper spread the mixer and cover with another paper and roll it with roller pin.And then make itin shapes.
- Next is can put in a tray spread the mixture in a tray.cut it with a cutter
- Now keep in refrigerator for few hours
- Again two methods for frying.I have used little butter and oil in a pan and have shallow fried it. It should turn brown. Some have deep fried which is of different taste.Many use egg to bind the ingredients.Serve with sauce.
Some skip the boiling process but squeese out the water.