Bored with regular sambar, rasam pulikulambu wanted to try a different one.As a result tried this receipe with tomatoes.
- Tomatoes…….1/2 kg
- Onion ………..6
- Green chillies….2
- Curry leaves a few
- Turmeric powder…1/4 tsp
- Ginger small piece grated
- Garlic….few pods
- Coconut scrapings… 1/2 cup
- Oil…..2 tbs
For grinding masala:
- Red chillies…….6
- Jeeragam……..1 tsp
- Coconut scrapings…..2 tbs
Extract milk from Coconut scrapings .
Make tomato puree.
- Put oil in a kadai.when heated add seasonings.
- Add chopped green chillies,curry leaves ,grated ginger,onion and fry a little.
- Then add tomato puree.
- To it add turmeric powder,masala salt and fry a little.Allow it cook or add very little water to cook.
- Finally add coconut milk.
- When it gets cooked remove from fire.
- Add chopped coriander leaves.
If you like masala taste can add 1 piece cinnamon,4 cloves,2 staranise to the seasonings.
Also if you want more gravy can add poppyseed while grinding masala.