Cuisine : Bengali
For breakfast or dinner.
LUCHI poori is a Bengali recipe. My friend suggested this and I tried it it came out well.This is prepare d with maida .The key ingredient for taste is the ghee.Easy preparation but must leave for half an hour to one hour for it to get the texture.It goes well with any curry but I prepared capsicum curry and it was good.
- All purpose flour….1 cup
- Ghee…….1 tbs
- Salt…..1/2 tsp
- Sugar..1 tsp
- Take a bowl put flour in it. Make a hole in the centre add ghee,sugar and salt mix well.
- Crumble and mix well making sure the flour holds the shape when you press with fist.
- Now add warm water little by little and knead the dough.
- Cover the dough with a wet cloth or cover it and rest it for 30 mts to 1 hr.for perfect texture.
- Keep oil in a kadai and heat it.
- Now make small balls out of flour.
- Once the oil is hot. Start frying poories one by one. When it starts puffing flip and fry the other side.
- It must not turn brown should be white only.
- Serve with side dish if your choice.
Watch “How to make puffed Bengali style Luchi Poori |பெங்காலி பாணி லூச்சி பூரி” on YouTube