Multi grain adai is a healthy breakfast recipe. I haven’t used rice for this recipe. Have included a number of grains you can choose the grains of your choice. This is best for breakfast or dinner. This is good for diabetic patients.
- Masoor dhal…..1/4cup
- Moong dhal…1/4 cup
- Soyabeans…..1/4 cup
- Toor dhal……1/4 cup
- Karamani…..1/4 cup
- Barnyard millet…4 tbs
- Black Channa…..4 tbs
- Salt as needed
These grains can be increased or decreased according to your taste. Also can include other grains of your choice.
Soak the grains for 4 to 6 hrs.Then grind it with 4 to 5 redchillies accdg to your taste. Keep it aside.
- Oil….1 Tbs
- Onion…2 to 3 finely chopped
- Curry leaves a few
- Mustard seeds…1/2 TSP
- Urad dhal…..3/4 TSP
- In a kadai add oil when it gets heated add mustard seeds
- When it splutters add urad dhal.
- Now add chopped onions and curry leaves and fry well.
- Now add the mixture to the batter. Add needed salt
- In a dosa tawa spread a little batter on a dosa tawa.Pour oil to it allow it to cook.
- When one side is cooked flip it on the other side.
- When it gets cooked remove and serve with chutney.
Can add methi leaves or drumstick leaves if you like
Another drink for this summer.This is a very healthy payasam. Carrot payasam is served on special occasions.INGREDIENTS:
- Carrot….450 gms
- Milk…….1 lit
- Sugar…..2 cups
- Cardomom powder,..5 gms
- Cashews.. 50 to 100 gms
- Ghee…..4 tbs
- Grate carrot keep aside.
- In a pan add 3 tbs of ghee add grated carrot to it and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Add half of the milk and cookies the carrots in it.
- When cool put in a mixer and blend well.
- If you want to serve as a PAYASAM add sugar and cardomom toit.
If you want to serve as a KHEER add little more of milk and allow it to boil for few minutes. Serve it chill.
Bored with regular sambar, rasam pulikulambu wanted to try a different one.As a result tried this receipe with tomatoes.
- Tomatoes…….1/2 kg
- Onion ………..6
- Green chillies….2
- Curry leaves a few
- Turmeric powder…1/4 tsp
- Ginger small piece grated
- Garlic….few pods
- Coconut scrapings… 1/2 cup
- Oil…..2 tbs
For grinding masala:
- Red chillies…….6
- Jeeragam……..1 tsp
- Coconut scrapings…..2 tbs
Extract milk from Coconut scrapings .
Make tomato puree.
- Put oil in a kadai.when heated add seasonings.
- Add chopped green chillies,curry leaves ,grated ginger,onion and fry a little.
- Then add tomato puree.
- To it add turmeric powder,masala salt and fry a little.Allow it cook or add very little water to cook.
- Finally add coconut milk.
- When it gets cooked remove from fire.
- Add chopped coriander leaves.
If you like masala taste can add 1 piece cinnamon,4 cloves,2 staranise to the seasonings.
Also if you want more gravy can add poppyseed while grinding masala.
Hash browns a new recipe tried by me. Also a different type of snack.
- Pepper powder….1 to 2 tsp
- Rice flower….2 tbs
- Corn flour….2 tbs
- Onion powder…1 tbs. ( I didn’t have onion do added onions finely chopped).
- Oil for frying
- First select potatoe s which are hard.
- Clean potatoes,peel skin and grate it with grater with big holes.
- Wash in water for 2 or 3 times do that the starch gets removed and the water is clear.
- Put 1 tsp salt and boil it for 2 mts with low medium fire.If cloudy froth appears remove it.Switch off the flame and immediately rinse it in cold water.
- Now spread thegratedpotato in a towel.
- Now spread the grated potatoes on a towel.
- Squeese the excess water and dry it for few mts.
- Put the grated potatoes,onion powder,rice flour,corn flour, pepper powder and mix well.
- Two ways:
- On a parchment paper spread the mixer and cover with another paper and roll it with roller pin.And then make itin shapes.
- Next is can put in a tray spread the mixture in a tray.cut it with a cutter
- Now keep in refrigerator for few hours
- Again two methods for frying.I have used little butter and oil in a pan and have shallow fried it. It should turn brown. Some have deep fried which is of different taste.Many use egg to bind the ingredients.Serve with sauce.
Some skip the boiling process but squeese out the water.
Pong pong suitable for that saree.
An easy way to change your simple cotton sarees into trendy one. Nowadays sarees with pong pong in the border is very trendy. Choose a cotton saree and also pong pong of contrast color or the color which suits the saree. Different colors are available in the market.
Either you get same color or two colors .Now stitch the lace at the end of the saree by small running stitches.If you are going to attach on the other side use different color.Also stitch it for the pallu too.
For the blouse stitch for the neck and for the sleeve.
Now saree is ready. Cost wise very cheap when compared with the saree which we get from shops with attached pong pongs.
KUSKA briyani is a briyani without any vegetables or meat.My daughter Sri was the one who told me about this so wanted to try and it came out very well. Famous in South India but will get only in few restaurants. For this briyani can use basmati or briyani rice . I use sonam masoori rice for daily cooking and I have used for this recipe too. Since this recipe do not have any vegetables either can have any veg. Or nonveg curry as side dish .Though ingredients are many it is easy to prepare.
- Rice…….1 cup
- Ghee…..2 tbs
- Oil……..2 tbs
- Bay leaf…1
- Cinnamon…1″ piece
- Cardomom 3 pods
- Star anise….1or 2
- Jeera or saunf……1/2 tsp
- Onion……..1 finely chopped
- Briyani masala….1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste…1 tsp
- Turmeric….1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder….1 tsp
- Coriander and mint leaves finely chopped
- Green chilli slit…1 or can add 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder.
- Coconut milk…..1 tumbler
- Curd …..1/4 cup or lemon juice of 1/2 lime.
- Salt as needed
- In a cooker add 2 tbs ghee and 1 tbs oil.
- Add the spices fry a little
- Add onion.
- Ginger garlic paste,turmeric powder, chilli powder ,green chilli and tomato.
- Fry a little it will be mushy.
- Now add the rice and mix well .
- Add chopped mint and coriander
- Can add 1/4 cup of curd now if u r adding
- Add rice
- Now for water you can add 2 cups of water or 1cup water and 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Cook for 2 whistles.
If you are going to cook in a kadai cook it for 20 mts.
If you are not going to add curd then add 1/2 tsp lime juice.
When ready serve with raitha ,curry or Papad.
This is an easy left over recipe. Chappathi or Poori which is ever is left over can be converted into this dish.Ingredients
Left over chappathi or poories 4 or 5nos cut into small bits.
- Green chillies….2
- Chilly powder…1 TSP
- Ginger garlic paste…1/2 TSP
- Soya sauce……1 tsp
- Tomato sauce..1 tsp
- Coriander powder 1/2 tsp.
- Garam masala powder…1 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Oil…..2 tbs
- Milk 1/4 cup
- In a kadai put oil .Add onions fry a little add capsicum and tomatoes.
- Now add chilli powder,coriander powder,garam masala powder and fry a little.
- Now add tomato sauce,soya sauce.
- Add water or milk and mix well till it gets thick.
- Now add cut poories or chappathi to it and mix well.
- Finally add coriander powder
- If you don’t want to have dry dish wait for some more time till the moisture gets absorbed.
Serve with tomato sauce or salad.