Vermicelli Kesari is very easy to make.Thought of making some sweet today and ended up with semiya Kesari.
- Vermicelli………1 cup
- Sugar……3/4 to 1 cup
- Ghee.. …3 TBS
- Cardomom. .. 4 pods
- Yellow colour….. A pinch
- In a kadai add 1 Tbs ghee and roast vermicelli and keep aside.
- Now add 1 Tbs ghee add cashews and kismis and fry.
- In the pan add 1 1/2 to 2 cups of water to boil.(you can decrease or increase water accdg to the vermicelli I have used non roasted vermicelli).
- When the water boils add vermicelli to it
- When it gets cooked add sugar to it and mix well.
- When it starts getting thick add cardomom powder, yellow colour powder and fried cashews and kismis.
- When it starts to leave the sides of the pan remove from fire
- If you want to have in pieces. Put it in a greased tray and cut when cool.
Remember to add vermicelli only after water boils.
Add sugar only when vermicelli is cooked.
My you tube link
2 replies on “SEMIYA KESARI/VERMICELLI KESARI”
Next week Saturday on my day off from work, this is what im making but with almonds. Thank you!
Try and let me know