During festivals we use puffed rice for neivedyam. Especially for KARTHIGAI this is a must.
- Puffed rice/Pori….3 to 3.5 cups
- Jaggery…..1 cup
- Ghee…..1 Tbs
- Cardomom powder
- In a pan first add jaggery add very little water and allow it to melt.Filter the dirt.
- Again keep the jaggery and boil it
- The consistency should be single string.Another tip is that when u put in a plate of water it should not dilute.you roll it in your hand it will become a ball.
- This is the right time to add puffed rice. Add it quickly and add the whole of it.Low the flame and mix it well.Now if you want add coconut bits add now.
- Now add elaichi powder and1 TSP ghee.
- You can have it as such or rub ghee in your palms and make as balls.