We make cutlets with different stuffings. Today I’m going to share rawa cutlet. We can make fresh stuffing or can make cutlets with left over upma.Very simple but tasty.
Green chillies…2nos chopped
Garam masala powder….1 tsp
Big onion chopped…1
Bread crumbs for coating.
Oil for frying
1. In a kadai put oil add onion,green chillies,grated ginger and garam masala.
2.Add milk to it.
3. Leave for few mts.
5. Slowly add rawa to it.Add required salt and powdered groundnut.Stir it constantly till the milk is absorbed.
6.When the mixture gets cooled shape it as desired.
7.Add water to maida to make it as a slury.
8. Now dip the shaped cutlets in it .
9. Coat it with bread crumbs.
10.Refrigerate for 10 to 15 mts
11.Finally fry cutlets .Either shallow or deep fry. I have done shallow fry.
12. Drain excess oil .
12. Serve with sauce.
1. I have given a very simple version.
2. You can add veggies of your choice
3. Instead of groundnuts you can add cashews.
4.If making in bulk quantities can prepare cutlets and refrigerate it before frying.
5. When needed can fry.
Watch “How to make Suji cutlet with leftover Upma | lockdown recipe | ரவை கட்லட்/ரவை உப்புமா கட்லட்” on YouTube