1. For making wheat dosa batter put wheat flour in water instead of adding water to the flour.
2.We will use iodides for cooking .when you open the salt packet transfer only little salt to a container and seal the packet with the clip or store in air tight container.
3.To store green chillies . Put a lining of paper towel then keep the chillies after removing the stem and then cover with another paper towel. It will stay fresher for longer time.
Kindly watch this one minute video like and share
An easy preparation with banana also tasty one
Banana…..big..3 small 4
Baking powder….1 TSP
Vanilla essence…2 TSP
1.Mash the bananas in a bowl
2.Add melted butter to it.
3.Now add egg.Mix well.
4.Add powdered sugar and mix
5. Now add baking powder, baking soda,vanilla essence,salt and nuts if going to add to the mixture and mix well.
6.Finally add maida.
7.Preheat the oven at 200 degrees.
8. In a greased tray add the mixture It should be only half of the tray as it will raise after baking.
Now bake the cake for 35 mts.
Insert a stick and if it comes out without any cake mixture then cake is done.
Different models have different baking time. So bake according to it. Also bake cake in desired shape.
There are many varieties of sundal.
Today thought of sharing corn sundal.
Corn …….1 cup
Mustard …..1/2 TSP
Urad dhal…1 TSP
Curry leaves few
Coriander leaves … chopped
Lemon juice as required
Salt as required.
1. Boil corn in a press u’re cooker with salt.
2.Remove corn kernels.
3.In a pan add 2 TBS oil.
4. Add mustard seeds and then urad dhal.
5.Now add curry leaves and chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
6. Add required amount of lime juice after switching off the stove..
During festivals we use puffed rice for neivedyam. Especially for KARTHIGAI this is a must.
- Puffed rice/Pori….3 to 3.5 cups
- Jaggery…..1 cup
- Ghee…..1 Tbs
- Cardomom powder
- In a pan first add jaggery add very little water and allow it to melt.Filter the dirt.
- Again keep the jaggery and boil it
- The consistency should be single string.Another tip is that when u put in a plate of water it should not dilute.you roll it in your hand it will become a ball.
- This is the right time to add puffed rice. Add it quickly and add the whole of it.Low the flame and mix it well.Now if you want add coconut bits add now.
- Now add elaichi powder and1 TSP ghee.
- You can have it as such or rub ghee in your palms and make as balls.
Soy is full of polyunsaturated fats,proteins and omega 3 fatty acids.They are also rich in calcium and iron while providing no extra sugar or sodium to the body. It enables faster muscle building and metabolism.Soak 1 cup of soya chunks in 21/2 cups of boiled water and then rinse them in cold water after they soften.Ingredients
- Corn flour…….2 TBS
- Chilli powder…1 TSP
- Salt………1 TSP
- Turmeric powder…1 TSP
- Coriander powder..2 TSP
- Marinate the above ingredients and keep it for 10 mts.
Can deep fry but I fried in non-stick pan.Can serve with rice or roti.
HAPPY DIWALI ALL.
Today is Diwali so thought of sharing a sweet as well as healthy recipe.
Today it’s also Children’s Day so this recipe is also kids friendly recipe .
We have been eating plain nuts for years as part if of our daily diet as it keeps us healthy.Now it’s time to innovate something from the bests of the nuts family.So here I have a snack bar/nuts and dates ladoo that is tasty and most importantly stays healthy since the dish is free from oil,sugar and jaggery
Dessicated coconut…1/2 cup
Can add walnut,pistachio and pumpkin seeds.
.Soak dates in hot water for 2 hrs.It will get softened. Blendit into a smooth paste.
.Dry roast oats in a kadai and powder it.
1.In a kadai or a thick bottomed vessel addcashews,almonds,groundnut
,sesame, dessicated coconut and roast it.In a few minutes it will turn golden aromatic and crisp.Remove from fire and keep aside.
2. In the same kadai add the dates paste and cook for 5 mts.When it gets thickened add the roasted nuts mixture to it.
3. Add honey,cardomom powder and salt mix well.
4. Add powdered oats to it combine well.Moisture gets absorbed and it holds shape
5.Transfer it to a tray,level it and refrigerate it for an hour.
It will set completely Now you can cut into pieces.If you would like to have it as a snack bar.
If you like to have it as a ladoo first shape into balls instead of levelling it in a tray and then refrigerate it.