When decided to visit my daughter,thought of making nankatai for my grandson.Though it was my first attempt it came out well.As it is home made it can be given for kids.Also easy to prepare.
- Sodabicarb..a pinch
- Cardomom for flavouring.
- Cream dalda and sugartill light and fluffy.
- Add flour and flavouring and mix to a smooth dough.
- Make into balls and place on a baking tray.
- Bake at 325 degree F for 25 mts.
- The colour after baking should be white.
After many years thought of baking a sponge 🍰 in my microwave oven.My daughter and grandson came to stay with us for few days.I baked a cake on this occasion so that can give the little one home made cake.This very easy and is a basic one.It came out well and my family enjoyed it.
- Grounded sugar…200gms
- Vanilla Essence…1/2 to 1 tsp.
- Baking powder…..1tsp
- Dried fruits finely chopped.
- Cashews…… Grated 1 tsp
Sieve maida and baking powder three times.
Mix dry fruits with little maida so that it will get mixed evenly.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Then add maida and mix well.
- Now separate the white and beat it till it becomes a stiff froth.
- First add the yolk and then add the white..
- Now add the essence and mix all the ingredients very gently.
- Put the batter in an greased vessel.
- Preheat oven at 190 degrees.
- Then bake it for 26 mts.at 190 degrees.
Check before few minutes whether it is done.
Insert a tooth pick or a knife in the middle of the cake after 20 mts.If it is sticky or with batter bake for few minutes.
If the stick comes out clean then cake is done.
After the 🍰 becomes warm run a knife around the cake and loosen the sides.
Invert the cake in a plate and then cut it.