During festivals we use puffed rice for neivedyam. Especially for KARTHIGAI this is a must.
- Puffed rice/Pori….3 to 3.5 cups
- Jaggery…..1 cup
- Ghee…..1 Tbs
- Cardomom powder
- In a pan first add jaggery add very little water and allow it to melt.Filter the dirt.
- Again keep the jaggery and boil it
- The consistency should be single string.Another tip is that when u put in a plate of water it should not dilute.you roll it in your hand it will become a ball.
- This is the right time to add puffed rice. Add it quickly and add the whole of it.Low the flame and mix it well.Now if you want add coconut bits add now.
- Now add elaichi powder and1 TSP ghee.
- You can have it as such or rub ghee in your palms and make as balls.
Soy is full of polyunsaturated fats,proteins and omega 3 fatty acids.They are also rich in calcium and iron while providing no extra sugar or sodium to the body. It enables faster muscle building and metabolism.Soak 1 cup of soya chunks in 21/2 cups of boiled water and then rinse them in cold water after they soften.Ingredients
- Corn flour…….2 TBS
- Chilli powder…1 TSP
- Salt………1 TSP
- Turmeric powder…1 TSP
- Coriander powder..2 TSP
- Marinate the above ingredients and keep it for 10 mts.
Can deep fry but I fried in non-stick pan.Can serve with rice or roti.
Legumes are rich in protein. This is a healthy receipe.Soak the legumes for 6 hrs.
- Channa dhal…..1 cup
- Broad beans …..1/2 cup
- Soyabeans…..1/2 cup
- Green peas….1/2 cup.
You increase or decrease the quantity as per your requirement.
- Onions chopped…..1/2 cup
- Tomato chopped……1/2 cup
- Chilly powder……….1 to 2tsp
- Ginger garlic paste..1/2to 1tsp
- Oil….2 tbs
- Vegetable masala…1 tbs.(optional)
- Salt as required
- Coriander leaves chopped 2 tbs
- In a pressure pan add oil.When heated add chopped onions fry a little with a little salt
- When onion translucent add chopped tomatoes when it turns mushy add turmeric powder,chilly powder, vegetable masala and balance salt.
- Now add the legumes to it.And add required water for it. Allow it for 4 whistles.
- When pressure releases add coriander leaves.
Serve with chappathi or roti.
Optional if you don’t have these legumes can combine any two or more legumes of your choice.
I have shared many KEERAI recipes.
Today it is KEERAI kulambu.
Green chillies….2 to 3
Sambar powder…..2 TSP
Salt as needed
Mustard seeds….1/4 TSP
Urad dhal….1/2 TSP
Cumin seeds….1/4 TSP
Toor dhal..cooked 1 cup
- In a kadai put oil. Add chopped onions, garlic and tomato.
- Saute it
- Add arai keerai and fry it.
- Add water to it.
- When it gets cooked add sambar powder and required salt.
- Finally add cooked dhal.
In a pan add 1 TBS oil.add mustard seeds when it splutters addurad dhal.
Add cumin seeds, add red chillies,curry leaves.
Now add the seasonings to the gravy.
There are different recipes with ladies finger. This curry is prepared with coconut milk.
- Onion…….2 nos
- Tomato….2 nos
- Ladies finger…250 gms
- Oil …….3 TBS
- Ginger…..a small piece
- Turmeric powder…1/2 TSP
- Coriander powder…1 TBS
- Chilli powder…3/4 TSP
- Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves.
- Mustard seeds….1/4 TSP
- Urad dhal……1/2 TSP
- Green chillies ..2
- Ginger garlic paste ….1/2 TSP
Extract milk from coconut twice.
Keep them separate.
- Put oil in a kadai.when mustard seeds splutters add urad dhal.
- Now add curry leaves,onion,green chillies,ginger garlic paste and fry a little then add tomatoes when half done add ladies finger.
- Allow it to cook after adding turmeric powder,chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Add second extract of coconut milk.when it gets cooked add first extract milk.Dont allow it to boil
- When done remove from fire after adding chopped coriander leaves. Serve with rice.
There are different types of filling for bread sandwich.
Red chilli powder…..1/2 tsp
Salt as required
Except bread mix all the other ingredients and keep aside.
- If you are using bread toaster.Clean it with kitchen towel.
- Then apply ghee or melted butter.
- Keep one slice of bread first.
- Then spread the prepared mixture on the bread.
- Then cover it with another slice.
- Now close the toaster.
- Switch it on.
- Serve with sauce .
Poha or aval has high nutrient value.It is a wholesome meal. Good source of carbohydrates,packed with iron,rich in fibre and a good source of antioxidants and essential vitamins.It is light on the stomach and can be easily digested.
Today I’m going to share with you a sweet recipe with you all. Easy to prepare sweet. It’s PAYASAM recipe.
- Aval…..1 cup
- Milk…..750 ml
- Jaggery. .3/4 to 1 cup
- Ghee….2 TBS
- Cardomom powder..1 TSP.
- In a kadai. Add ghee to it.
- Then add cashews and kismis fry and keep aside.
- Now add Poha to it.Fry it will become crispy.May be for 2 mts.
- Now add milk and allow it to get cooked.
- Meanwhile put jaggery in water heat a little and then filter for impurities.
- When it gets cooked add Jaggery to it.
- Allow it to boil and it will become thick.
- Finally add cardomom powder and fried cashews.
- It’s ready to serve.
Among curry varieties this can be used for both rice and roti.
Bottle guord.,…500 gms
Tomato……1 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds …….1/2 TSP
Red chillies……… 2
Coriander powder….3 TSP
Oil…..3 to 4 TBS
Salt as needed
Turmeric powder 1tsp
Red chilli powder…..1 TSP
Pepper powder….1/4 tsp
Curry leaves a few
Coriander leaves….a few
In a kadai put oil.
Add mustard and saunf fry a little.add redchillies
Add curry leaves then chopped tomatoes and saute it.
Little water and add bottle guord and salt and allow it to cook.
Add turmeric powder,chilli powder, coriander powder and a little pepper powder.
When done remove from fire and serve with roti or as a side dish for rice.
Potato capsicum curry is a curry which has a nutty flavour.In this recipe groundnut,poppy seeds and til are roasted and grinded. It has nutty flavour with crunchy capsicum and softly cooked potatoes.
For grinding masala.
Poppy seeds…..1 TSP
Onion ……1 finely chopped
Ginger…..a small piece
Coconut scrapings…1/4 cup
In a kadai add oil add til,poppy seeds, ground nut fry a little and then add all the other ingredients.
When cool grind it into a fine paste.
Onion…….2 finely chopped
Tomato ….2 chopped
Capsicum chopped…1 to 1 1/2 cups
Oil as required
Put oil in a kadai add 1/2 tsp saying then chopped onions when it gets sauted add tomatoes.
Sauted tomatoes and when sauted add capsicum when half done add potato and salt add little water till it blends well .
Now added grinded masala.if you want spicy add red chilli powder if needed.
Finally add chopped coriander leaves
Serve as side dish for chappathi or roti