There are different types of raitha. This poondi raitha goes well with both rice varieties as well as poori,roti and chappathi.Very easy to prepare.This is a North Indian raitha. Thisis prepared from crisp fried gram flour balls.Plain boondi is used for sweet like laddu this is salted ones.
- Salted boondi…….1/2 cup
- Curd…..1 cup
- Salt as required
- Red chilli powder….1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder……1/2 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Keep water on stove and when it is warm switch off the stove.
- Soak boondi in warm water for 10 to 15 mts.
- Then press the boondi to squeeze out water but do not mash it.
- Whisk curd.
- Add salt
- Add cumin seeds powder and red chilli powder to curd.
- Finally add whisked curd and chopped coriander leaves.
- Option:Can add chat masala too.