There are many varieties of payasam.Today thought of sharing one which is made using milk.My son likes all varieties of PAYASAM especially when it is made with milk.Its an easy preparation and also very tasty one.
- Sago………1/4 cup
- Semiya….1/2 cup
- Milk…….2or3 cups
- Cardomom…3 or 4
- Sugar…….1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Cashew… chopped 1tsp
- Ghee…..2 to 3 TBS
- Soak sago for half an hour.
- Put ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
- Fry cashews in ghee and keep aside
- Roast vermicelli fry it and keep it aside.
- Now add sago and fry it.
- Add water and cook .
- When it is half cooked add semiya to it.
- Then add milk and cook.
- Add sugar.
- Finally add fried cashew nuts.
1. Can change the proportion of sago vermicelli.
2. This thickens after cooking so keep little milk aside and add before serving.
3. Sugar can be added according to one’s taste.
4. Can add fried raisins too.
Most fruits are naturally low in fat, sodium and calories. None have cholestrol. Fruits are sources of many essential nutrients that are under consumed including potassium,dietary fiber,Vit.C and folate.Diets rich in potassium may help to maintain health.
These are often noted as great sources of potassium. A banana has around 15% of your Vit C requirements.
As the old saying goes “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” one apple contains about 20%of our daily fibre requirement and around 8%of our recommended VitC requirement.
This is loaded with important nutrient s. It contains hundreds of edible seeds called arils. They are rich in fiber,vitamins,minerals and bioactive plant compunds also contain some sugar. It contains punicalagins and punicic acid unique substances that are responsible for most of the health benefits.
Packed with nutrients especially Vit.C and K. High antioxidants contents may prevent chronic diseases. Reveratol is a key nutrient in grapes that may offer health benefits.
To beat the heat of summer thought of sharing this desert for you.I prepared the custard sauce separately and added to the cut fruits.We can add fruits to our diet to boost our nutrition intake..
- Fruits……4 cups
- Custard powder….21/2 tbs
- Vanilla essence…..1/4 tsp
- Milk………21/2 cup.
- To 1/4 cup milk add custard powder and make it as a paste.
- Boil milk in a heavy bottom vessel.
- Add sugar then vanilla essence and now add custard powder paste to it and the mixture will get thickened. Stir it continuously so that it prevents lumps from forming.
- When cooled it will get more thickened.
- Add fruits and chill it.You can also chill the custard first and then serve with cut fruits