- While preparing dough for poori mix 1tsp gram flour with it. The color of poori will be good
- While preparing kesari add milk.
- To de skin garlic put in hot water then in cold water.Drain the water. Easy to remove the skin
- While breaking coconut wet it before.
- If dosa dough is watery add rawa also grind coconut and add to it.
- To check whether we have added salt to curry, check the bubbles if it is added it will boil in the centre,if not it will have bubbles in the corner.
- Can add little oil to the idli batter it will be soft for longer period
- When you prepare sundal grind curry leaves and ginger and mix it the taste will be different.
- When we prepare soup can add 1/2 tsp ginger extract
- While preparing oothappam make a small hole in the middle and pour little oil in it,this will make it crispier.
- While preparing sweet pongal add 1/2 cup of coconut milk to it.
- After few days snacks like muruku and karasev will loose it’s taste to enhance taste you can powder it then add salt,chilly powder and a little bit of coconut scrapings.
- Soak some badam in water and grind it into paste add to gravy it will taste good also more nutritious.
- While grinding dough for dosai add little Bengal gram dhal and grind it.Taste will be enhanced.
- When we take chappathi for traveling put few pieces of ginger in the box it will keep it fresher for longer time.
- When we give filter coffee for guest add little instant coffee powder and pour in a cup.This will give you a frothy coffee.
- For grinding green chillies in mixi slit into two it will become a smooth paste.
How to enhance taste while cooking
1.While making chips both banana and potato add little rasam powder and salt to the sliced vegetables and fry.It will have a different taste.
2.While converting whole grain wheat into wheat flour add a teaspoon of fenugreek to it.Chappathis made out of this flour will be soft.
3. While making coriander leaves thoku fry tamarind separately and then grind
4. While preparing Sundal add a paste of ginger with curry leaves.
5.While preparing oothaappam make a small hole in the centre and pour a tsp.oil it will be crispier.
6.While preparing kesari while adding water reduce the quantity of water instead add coconut milk or boiled milk.Taste will be different.
7. While frying onions first fry onions a bit and then add oil it will fry quickly