1.When a drain is clogged with grease put a cup of salt and a cup of baking soda into the drain.Then poura kettle of boiling water.This will remove grease.
2.Attached blouse pieces which come with sarees cannot be used.These blouse pieces can be used for stitching small pouches.
3.With bathi’s asheswe can wipe brass handle it will shine
4. If children draw with wax crayons can blow with hair drier when it starts melting canrub it off easily.
5.After using fevicol put few drops of water in it and store.
6.If going to work that is paint or embroidery first wash and then draw the design and start working.
7.For drawing kolams on tile floors we can use children’s crayons.
An easy recipe with few vegetables.This stir fry can be done quickly.Basically a mixed vegetable thoran.It is nutritious and delicious dish.it can be done with a variety of vegetables here I have used cabbage,peas and carrot.
- Mixed vegetables________3 cups
- Shallots ___few or onion finely chopped.
- Coconut_____grated 1/3 cup
- Curry leaves ____a sprig
- Green chillies_____2 chopped
- Red chilly________1
- Oil______2 TBS
- Mustard seeds 1/2 TSP
- Urad dhal____1/2 TSp
- Boil vegetables and keep aside
- In a pan first put oil.
- Then add mustard seeds when it splutters add urad dhal
- Add red chillies
- Now add chopped onion or shallots and green chillies to it and fry after adding curry leaves
- Add the boiled vegetables.
- Mix well and add salt and finally grated coconut to it.it is ready.
This is served as a side dish for lunch or dinner with rice and some curry.the vegetables can be chopped ,diced or grated.
Another option is that can add vegetables without boiling and fry sprinkling water and dry fry it with a generous àmout of coconut.
A bachelor’s receive from me.An easy breakfast or evening snack.Also lunch box special.
- Bread slices______6 to 8
- Green chillies _____2
- Capsicum__________1 or 2
- Red chilly powder___1/2 TSP
- Mustard seeds_______1/4 TSP
- Urad dhal____________1/2 TSP
- Turmeric powder____1/4tsp
- Lemon juice_________1/2 TSP
- Sambarpowder/garam masala powder1/2 to 3/4 TSP(optional)
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste___1/2 TSp
Slice onions,cut tomatoes and capsicum.
If you are adding other vegetables cut it if adding potato par boil and add it.
1.First toast bread slices on a tawa and cut into pieces.
2.In a kadai put oil in it.
3.Add mustard seeds after it spluters add urad dhal.
4.First add sliced onions saute a little then add tomatoes when tomatoes are half done add capsicum.If you are adding other veggies add now.
5.Now add red chilly powder,ginger garlic paste,turmeric powder,garam masala powder and required salt and fry then add lemon juice.
6.When it is done finally add bread slices.
7Mix well add chopped coriander leaves.
- Can add ghee and csahews while giving for kids.
- Can add sambar powder instead of garam masala powder.
- Can skip both powders and do as regular upma.
Lunch box special, kids friendly, breakfast receive, evening snack receive,bachelor’s recipe.Indian cooking
Pala kottai poriyal is another traditional recipe .Simple and easy recipe with easily available ingredient.After eating the fruit the seeds can be used for cooking.we can use the seeds in sambar,cook it with other vegetable while preparing avial,roast it and can also be cooked with raw fruit
First remove seed from the fruit.Then from the seedremove the outer white skin from the seed.We can apply oil in our hands.Then cut the seeds I two..we can cook it separately or else can cook while cooking riceIf it is tender 2 or 3 whistles is enough or else few more whistles.
Mustard seeds____3/4 tsp
Urad dhal_________1/2 TSP
Chilly powder______1 to 2 TSP
Salt as required
Coconut scrapings___1 to 2 TBS.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add mustard seeds when it splutters add urad dhal fry till it turns brown
- Add chopped onions and fry then add curry leaves.
- Now add chilli powder salt as needed.
- Fry a little add palakottai which are boiled
- When everything mixes well add coconut scrapings
Side dish for rice.how to cook palakottai,jackfruit seed stir fry.
Another lunch box recipe from me.This is South Indian style,simple and easy recipe.Mint is a good source of vitamins and iron.I have used coriander leaves too.
- Mint leaves___ 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Coriander leaves___1/2 cup
- Green cillies________2 or 3
- Red chillies_________2
- Garlic pods_________4 or 5pods
- Onions______ 2 or 3 or shallots few
- Ginger_______a small piece
- Coconut scrapings 1 TBS.(optional)
Cooked rice 1 cup
- Ghee or oil ___1 to 2 TBS.
- Bay leaf_______1
- Cashews ______a few
- Bengal gram dhal 1 TBS.
- Mustard seeds 1/2 TSP
- Urad dhal______1 tsp
Juice of half lemon.
- In a kadai pour oil for frying.
- Now add red chillies,green chillies,garlic and onion fry for rew seconds. If you are adding coconut add now. Then add mint and coriander leaves and fry.
- When cool grind it into a fine paste.Keep aside.
- Now in a kadai add ghee if for small children or oil.
- Put bay leaf and mustard seeds when it splutters add urad dhal then Bengal gram dhal and then cashews .
- Add sliced onions (optional).
- Now add the ground paste and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Add salt and finally cooked rice.
- Mix well.
Serve with onion raitha.
Can add any vegetables like carrots or peas to enhance the nuritive value.