This type of vegetable kurma can be had with roti,parotta ,ghee rice or fried rice.q
Masala to be grinded
- Coconut grated ____1/2 to3/4 cup
- Green chillies_______3 to 4
- Cashew nuts________7 to 8
- Small onions________6 nos
- Garlic______________few flakes
- Ginger chopped___1 inch size
- Fennel seeds______2 TBS
- Cinnamon________2 pieces
- Poppy seeds______2tbs
All these are to be grinded raw.
Vegetables _carrot,beans,potato,beans all these are to be cut and boiled orcan be cooked incooker in one whistle.
- Onion____2 finely chopped
- Salt as needed
- Oil _______2 TBS
- 1 TSP____fennel seeds.
- Chopped coriander leaves 1 tbs
- Ina saucepan put oil then add fennel seeds
- Now add chopped onions to it.
- After saying add the grinded paste.fry till the raw smell goes.
- Add the boiled or cooked vegetables,required salt to it.when it mixes well add chopped coriander leaves.
A side dish recipe from me.My daughter wanted a different side dish for fried rice other than kurma.So we tried this and it came our well.Soya chunks are rich in protein and fibre.An healthy food.
Soya chunks ______1cup
Ginger and garlic finely chopped or paste 1 TSP
Oil for frying
1. Boil water and add soya chunks to it with little salt.Leave for 5 MTS.Then drain the water
2Now mix corn flour,salt,if needed little chilly powder and fry
3In a kadai put 3 TBS. Of oil now add chopped onion ginger garlic or if past can add later on.
4.Saute a little add capsicum and carrot (optional).
5.Now add chilly sauce,tomato sauce,soya sauce and little water allow it to boil.
Few minutes before switching off the stove add fried chunks to it.If you want to have a thickened gravy add corn flour dissolved in water and add to it.
6.Finally add chopped coriander leaves ànd serve with fried rice.
Side dish for chappathi,fried rice, hi ow to make soya chunks Manchurian.