Beetroot is a root vegetable is packed with essential nutrients.These are great source offibre,folate(vit9), manganese, potassium,iron and vit.c.It has number of health benefits including improved blood flow,lower blood pressure due to their content organic nitrate.Beetroots are a great source of many essential vitamins and minerals.These are high-intensity several beneficial plant compounds especially betanin vulgaxanthin and inorganic nitrates.We make different kinds of pachadi beetroot pachadi is one such. Only after my marriage I came to know this pachadi. Usually sadya is a traditional spread of vegetarian dishes. Kerala style beetroot pachadi is cooked with coconut.Pachadi refers to the South Indian style dish which is like a raita or a chutney.This is served as a side dish for sambar and rice.
- Beet root …..2 cup grated
- Coconut scrapings…..1/2 cup
- Green chillies …1
- Ginger 1/2 inch piece.
- Cumin seeds….1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds…1/2 tsp for grinding
- Curry leaves. ..few
- Dry chillies…3 to 4
- Coconut oil…2 tbs
- Mustard seeds ..1/2 tsp
- Chop or grate beet and cook with little water.(I grated ,cooked and then put in blender for few minutes.)
- Grind coconut,green chilli,ginger,cumin seeds,mustard seeds in a blender and grind it into a paste.Using very little water.
- Now in a kadai add blended beet then the coconut paste and cook till the raw smell goes.
- When it is cooked switch off the flame and add beaten curds to it.
- Finally add the seasoning.