Capsicum is available in multitude of colors. Capsicum are called peppers,red pepper,green pepper,chilli pepper and bell pepper.
They are good source s of dietary fibre,Vit.E,B6,VitB9,Vit.K,folate,Maganese and potassium.
Red capsicum are sweeter than green capsicum.
The sweetness of capsicum is due to their natural sugars.
- Capsicum…….1 cup (cut into cubes)
- Onion………….2 cut into small pieces.
- Garlic……few pods.
- Mustard…1/4 tsp
- Urad dhal…1/2 tsp
- Oil…2 tbs
- Turmeric powder a pinch
- Chilli powder…1/2tsp or porial powder
- Salt as needed
- Put oil in a kadai.
- First add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dhal when it turns brown add onion.
- Add chopped garlic.
- Now add cut capsicum.
- Fry a little add turmeric powder and chilli powder or porial powder.
- Fry till it blends.
Serve with rice and sambar or roti.
- Porial podi:
- Red gram dhal….1/2 cup
- Coriander seeds…1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds………1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds..1/2 tsp
- Red chillies……..5 nos( can increase or decrease accdg. to taste)
- Dry roast and powder it.
- Can use different colour capsicum
- Can add tomorrow’s to it.
- Can use left over fry with rice convert it as capsicum rice.