Mochai/Field beans are highly nutritious.Some use it as fresh green ones and some use it as dry ones.They are highly nutritious in nature and provide protection against various ailments and diseases.Rich source of manganese,calcium and magnesium.They help in strengthening of bones.It is very healthy one.
If the beans are fresh can boil it and then add it.But if it is dried ones then soak it overnight.Pressure cook it for 2 or 3 whistles and then use it for the curry.
- Field beans/mocha kottai__1cup
- Red chilli powder___1to 2tsp
- Mustard seeds_–1/2tsp
- Urad dhal_1tsp
- 🍅 Tomato_1
- Turmeric-1/4 tsp
- Salt as required
- Oil 1 to 2 tsp
- Coriander powder_1 /2 tsp
- Coriander leaves finely chopped-1/2 tsp
- Instead of chilli powder and coriander can use Sambhar too.this will taste differently.
Can use 1 to 2 tbs.coconut scrapings grind and can add.
- Chop onion and tomato finely
1.In a kadai put oil.
2.First put mustard seeds when it splutters add urad dhal and when brown add onion when translucent add tomtoes and fry
3.Add cooked mocha to it
4.Now add chilli powder,turmeric powder, salt and coriander powder.
5.Mix everything well.
6. If going to add coconut add it now.
7.when done add chopped coriander leaves.
Among the side dishes for Chappathi green peas curry is one among them.Its healthy as well as easy to prepare it.This curry is without adding coconut.I have used dried ones so can prepare even during non season.
- Green peas ___200gms
- Onion_ 2
- Chilli powder-2tsp
- Coriander powder_2tsp
- Ginger garlic paste_1tsp
- Salt as required
- Cinnamon_1inch piece
- Curry leaves few
- Coriander leaves chopped 1tsp
Soak dried green peas overnight.
- In a pressure pan add 1 to 2 tbs.oil
- To it add cloves,cardamom,cinnamon
- Add ginger garlic paste to it. Fry a little.
- Add chopped onions to it fry for sometime then add tomatoes to it and cook till mushy.
- Now add soaked green peas,chilly powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder,salt and enough water to cook the green peas.
- Mix well and keep for 2 whistles.
- While serving add chopped coriander leaves.
Can serve with Chappathi,Roti or Appam.