Raw mango is rich in Vitamin.A,VitC,Vit.B6. It also contains folate,potasssium and magnesium. Add fiber to your diet. Vitamin.A,Vit.C,Vit.B,
Rasam is a South Indian dish. It is traditionally prepared using tamarind juice with the addition of tomato,chilli, pepper and cumin. Now ready-made rasam powder is available.
It is eaten with rice or separately as a spicy soup. Different types of rasam can be prepared and since this is mango season I thought of sharing mango rasam recipe.It is a balance between sweet sour and spicy flavour It can be served with rice and porial.
- Raw mango…….1
- Ghee for seasoning
- Mustard seeds…..1/4 tsp
- Urad dhal………….1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves…a few
- Coriander leaves chopped.1 tsp
- Rasam powder….1 to 2 tbs
- Cook mango either whole in cooker or cut it into pieces and cook
- When mango is cooled put in a mixi blender and blend into smooth puree.
- In a kadai put ghee then mustard seeds when it splutters add urad dhal and curry leaves.
- Add mango pulp and rasam powder add little water.
- Add rasam powder and salt.Allow it to boil.
- Finally add chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.