Gopi masala dosai or cauliflower masala dosai is another dosa variety from my cuisine.This is an all time favourite for my family members.Can easily prepare this curry.If curry is left over can use it for rotis or Chappathi as a side dish.Two steps are involved one is preparing the curry and second is stuffing the curry in the dosa.
Dosa batter as required.
- Cauliflower finely chopped and cooked 1cup
- Onion_1 finely chopped
- Tomato_1 chopped
- Green chillies_2chopped or can use chilly powder instead.
- Mustard seeds and urad dhal 1tsp
- Curry leaves a few
- Ginger garlic paste_1tsp
- Coriander powder _1tsp
- Vegetable masala powder 1tsp/ or Sambhar powder 1 tsp.
- Salt as needed.
- Oil for frying as well as for dosa
- Cashew nut paste or coconut paste 1to 2 tbs.
If you are going to add cashew paste soak in hot water and grind it into paste. and keep aside.
Chop cauliflower boil and keep aside.
- In a wok put oil and add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dhal.
- Now add ginger and garlic paste and fry.
- Now add onions ,green chillies curry leaves and saute it.
- Add chopped tomatoes to it and fry till it becomes mushy.
- At this stage add turmeric powder,if you are going to add chilli powder vegetable masala powder,coriander powder and salt add now,mix well
- After mixing add cooked cauliflower allow the masala to blend well
- Add cashew paste or coconut paste.
- Add coconut paste or cashew paste to get it thickened.Finally add chopped coriander leaves.
To prepare the Dosa.
- Keep Dosa tawa and put one laddle of dough on itSpread into a round shapes one.
- Drizzle oil or ghee on it .
- When it is cooked and crispy keep a spoonful of masala in one side of the dosa cover with lid for few seconds.Then cover it with the other half.After few seconds remove from fire.
Serve hot with chutney and Sambhar.
Another easy recipe from me.This can be prepared with freshly made idlis or from left over ones.This is a kids friendly recipeThis is a Tiffin recipe for lunch or evening snack.
- Small idly or bigger ones cut into pieces.
- Oil for frying
- Onion_____2or 3
- Tomato___1 or 2
- Garlic_____few pods
- Ginger____14 tsp.grated
- Or can use ginger garlic paste
- Chilly sauce___1/2 tsp
- Tomato sauce_1/2 tsp
- Soya sauce_1/2 tsp
- Sugar _____1/4 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
Idli_ __ 5 nos cut into pieces or small idlis a bowl.Fry idols either by shallow fry method or deep fry and keep aside
- Heat oil in a kadai first add onions after frying a little add capsicum,tomatoes and green chilly
- Now add ginger and garlic or ginger and garlic paste.
- After frying a little add tomato sauce,chilli sauce,soya sauce,sugar.
- Sprinkle little water after adding salt to it.
- When the masala is mixed well add fried idlis to it.
- See that the masala blends well with the idly
- Garnish with coriander leaves
Serve with raitha or Sambhar and chutney
- When you fry dont fry too brown It should be crisp outside and soft inside.
- Can add red chilli powder or pepper powder reducing ginger garlic paste.
- When frying if it sticks refrigerate idlis for some time.
- If packing for kids avoid green chilly and can reduce ginger garlic paste.
A variety rice which can be easily prepared. It’s kids friendly too.I have used only green bell pepper but can use different color Bell pepper too.
Rice ____2 cups
Star anise 1
Ginger garlic paste 1 tap
Garam Masala__1tsp or vegetable
Bay leaf 1
Coriander leaves a few
Oil or ghee
1To a wok add oil or I’d it is for kids add ghee.
2.Add star anise,cloves,bay leaf and fry it very well.
3. Add sliced onion and add capsicum after a little while.
4. Now add ginger garlic paste,masala powder and required amount of salt.
5.When it is mixed well add cooked rice toit.
6.Add chopped coriander leaves.
Can add roasted peanuts.
Also can add green peas or potato too
Serve with raitha and papad.
We have different receipes with keerai.Today I thought of sharing a simple and traditional recipe with few ingredients. This recipe with ghee is very good for children.I have done with Arai keerai but palak or siru keerai or mula keerai or spinach can be used.
*Spinach or Arai keerai 1 bunch
*Garlic 4 cloves
*Green chilly 1
*Water 1/2 cup
*Salt as needed
Oil 2 tbs
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Urad dhal 1/2 TSP
Curry leaves a few
1.Clean the Greens and remove the dirt and sand by keeping in water for sometime.
2.Remove from water and keep aside.
3.Now in a saucepan or kadai putgreens,garlic,tomato, chilly with water and cook for few minutes.
4.When done remove from fire and allow it to cool.
5.Put in a blender and make it into a fine puree adding salt to it.
6.Keep in a bowl.
7.In a pan take 1 to 1 tbs oiladd mustard seeds when it splutters add urad dhal then curry leaves to it when fried add to the Greens puree.
Serve with rice with a dash of ghee.
1.Some add 1onion too.
2.If you are giving for small children can avoid green chillies.
3. Instead of putting in a blender can use keerai mathu for mashing it.
Can add a pinch of sugar while cooking greens to retain its color.