Ivy guord is rich in Iron,Vit.C and calcium.It helps in regulating blood sugar.It is rich inVit.B1,VitB2 and dietary fibre.
Baby corn is good source of different nutrients.It also contains fibres protein as well as vital anti oxidants too.It is said just half cup of serving meet 4%of daily body requirements of VitA and iron,2% of daily requirements of VitA. C.
- Ivy guord….1cup
- Baby corn…1/2 or 1 cup
- Onion……2 or 3
- Oil………2 to 3 tbs
- Chilli powder…..2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder…1/4 tsp
- Salt…as required.
- Ginger garlic paste…1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds…..1/4 tsp
- Urad dhal……..1/3 tsp
- Heat a pan with oil.Add mustard seeds when it splutters add urad dhal.
- When it turns brown add ginger garlic paste fry a little
- Now add onions when it is half done add tomatos add turmeric powder and chilli powder.
- Mix well .Then add ivy guord and baby corn and required salt.
- Cover and cook.
- If needed sprinkle water inbetween.
- Fry till done
- Serve with rice as side dish.
I have already posted vegetable biriyani cooker method this is microwave method
- Soaked Basmati Rice….200gms
- Black pepper…3
- Salt and Sugar as per your taste.
- Mixed vegetables cauliflower,peas,french beans and carrot chopped…….1cup
- Soya sauce…..2tbs
- Chilli sauce…2tbs
- In microwave safe glass bowl add ghee, vegetables,all masalas and soaked basmati rice,mix it well and cook.
- When beep add water,salt and sugar.
- Cover it start cooking.
Mine is Samsung Oven and it has code which is preset.so I am cooking in that way.You can cook according to your oven.Serve hot with raita and papad.
Among tiffin items sambar idli is the one which can be prepared either ordinary ones or with mini idlis.Idlis is a soft spongy cake like tiffin tem made from rice and lentil batter.In most SouthIndian homes they prepare this almost daily.It is cooked by steaming so suitable for all ages.It is done in a stone wet grinder or in a mixer grinder Today I’m going to give a variety using idli.Same way there are many varieties of sambar. For this I’m sharing moong dhal sambar or it may be called tiffin sambar.
- Rice ….4 cups
- Round urad dhal….1 cup
- Fenugreek seeds….1 TSP
- Salt as required.
Soak rice and dhal four to six hours.
The batter is done in a stone wet grinder or in a mixer grinder.
- Procedure for batter
- First clean the grinder and add dhal to it and grind it.Add enough water.Check in between while grinding and sprinkle water as and when needed.Approximately it will need 20 to25 mts for grinding.The batter should be soft ,fluffy and flow.Remove it and keep it in a big container.
- Now without cleaning the grinder add rice to it then add water to it.Grind the rice into smooth paste.It will take 35 to 40 mts.
- Now add the rice batter to the dhal batter add required amount of salt and mix well.Store in a large container in a big container.
- Keep aside for fermenting .It should be kept for 8 to 10 hrs.The fermenting time depends on the temperature and climatic conditions.Weather is very important as insummerit will ferment quickly and in winter it will take longer time.
- Fenugreek seeds can be added for grinding dhal.
- If we grind in the morning can store in the refrigerator in the evening. If we grind in the evening can keep it in the morning..
- Now the process of making idli.
- Grease the idli stand with oil,then take a spoon of batter and pour in the moulds. Steam in idli pot.
- This may take upto 12 to 15mts.
MOONG DHAL SAMBAR
- Moong dhal…..1/2 to 1 cup
- Green chillies….2
- Mustard seeds….1/4 tsp
- Urad dhal……..1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves …Few
- Oil………1 to 2 TBS
- Coriander leaves finely chopped 1 tbs.
- Turmeric powder….1/4 tsp
- Garlic….1 pod
- Asafoetida…1/4 tsp
- Heat oil in a pressure pan.
- Add mustard seeds when it splutters add urad dhal when it turns brown add chopped onions.
- Add green chillies and curry leaves and finally add tomatoes and fry.
- Add cooked and mashed dhal,water little sambar powder and required salt.
- Close the pan and leave it for 1 whistle.
- After opening add chopped coriander leaves.
Instead of adding cooked dhal can add raw dhal following the same steps but leave it for 2 whistles.But for me I like the taste when we add cooked dhal. There is difference in taste.
- Take a bowl keep few cooked idlis in it.Then pour sambar over it.Add a dash of ghee on it. This adds the taste for the idli.
Potato fry is an all time favourite for many.This is an easy method and is prepared without boiling the potatoes. When it is crispy it tastes good.
- Potatoes -1 Cup
- Chilly powder_1/2 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Oil as needed
- Mustard seeds_1/4 tsp
- urad dhal_1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder_1/4 tsp
- Chilly powder_1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves few
- Coriander leaves chopped
Peel potatoes and keep in water for at least 15 Mts so that starch can be removed.And the fry will be crispy.
1.Cut potatoes into cubes and keep it in water.
2.Keep kadai and after heating add oil to it.
3.Add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dhal and when it turns brown add curry leaves.
4.Now add potatoes and turmeric powder fry for sometime.
5.After sometime add chilly powder and salt and fry.
6.Finally add chopped coriander leaves.
Can serve with rice.Goes best for rasam,damage and curd rice.
Another rice variety from me.Quick rice variety with fresh coriander leaves.Coriander and ginger are a rich source of minerals and vitamins..It’s a healthy dish.
- Cooked rice ________1 cup
- Coriandervleaves_1 cup
- Onion____1 or 2 chopped
- Ginger_____1 inch piece
- Garlic_ 4 Nos
- Green chillies_____2 or 3 Accdg.to taste
- Onion 1 or 2 for frying while preparing rice
- Cinnamon 2 pieces
- Star anise 1
- Carrot 1 diced
- Ghee or oil 2 tbs.
1.Clean coriander leaves,wash it and grind it with onion,green chillies,ginger and garlic.Grind it if needed add just 2 tablespoons of water only and make it as a paste.
2.Heat oil or ghee in a pan first put cinnamon and star anise and add finely chopped onions,then chopped carrots to it.After frying a little the paste to it and required salt
Wait till the raw smell goes.Finally add cooked rice to it and mix well
When ready serve with raita and papad.
I have added carrots but can address peas or cauliflower too.
A variety rice which can be easily prepared. It’s kids friendly too.I have used only green bell pepper but can use different color Bell pepper too.
Rice ____2 cups
Star anise 1
Ginger garlic paste 1 tap
Garam Masala__1tsp or vegetable
Bay leaf 1
Coriander leaves a few
Oil or ghee
1To a wok add oil or I’d it is for kids add ghee.
2.Add star anise,cloves,bay leaf and fry it very well.
3. Add sliced onion and add capsicum after a little while.
4. Now add ginger garlic paste,masala powder and required amount of salt.
5.When it is mixed well add cooked rice toit.
6.Add chopped coriander leaves.
Can add roasted peanuts.
Also can add green peas or potato too
Serve with raitha and papad.