KUSKA briyani is a briyani without any vegetables or meat.My daughter Sri was the one who told me about this so wanted to try and it came out very well. Famous in South India but will get only in few restaurants. For this briyani can use basmati or briyani rice . I use sonam masoori rice for daily cooking and I have used for this recipe too. Since this recipe do not have any vegetables either can have any veg. Or nonveg curry as side dish .Though ingredients are many it is easy to prepare.
- Rice…….1 cup
- Ghee…..2 tbs
- Oil……..2 tbs
- Bay leaf…1
- Cinnamon…1″ piece
- Cardomom 3 pods
- Star anise….1or 2
- Jeera or saunf……1/2 tsp
- Onion……..1 finely chopped
- Briyani masala….1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste…1 tsp
- Turmeric….1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder….1 tsp
- Coriander and mint leaves finely chopped
- Green chilli slit…1 or can add 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder.
- Coconut milk…..1 tumbler
- Curd …..1/4 cup or lemon juice of 1/2 lime.
- Salt as needed
- In a cooker add 2 tbs ghee and 1 tbs oil.
- Add the spices fry a little
- Add onion.
- Ginger garlic paste,turmeric powder, chilli powder ,green chilli and tomato.
- Fry a little it will be mushy.
- Now add the rice and mix well .
- Add chopped mint and coriander
- Can add 1/4 cup of curd now if u r adding
- Add rice
- Now for water you can add 2 cups of water or 1cup water and 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Cook for 2 whistles.
If you are going to cook in a kadai cook it for 20 mts.
If you are not going to add curd then add 1/2 tsp lime juice.
When ready serve with raitha ,curry or Papad.