- Rice..2 cups
- Carrot………1 or 2
- Green Chillies….4
- Big onion…2 to 3
- Coriander leaves..1 bunch
- Peas…1/2 cup
- Mint leaves…1bunch
- Potato ..1 large
- Turmeric…2 tsp
- Water..4cups or coconut milk
- Garlic…8 flakes
- Ginger…1 inch piece
- Salt to taste
- Bread few slices
Wash and drain rice.
Peel and cut carrots and potatoes in long,thin slices.
Slice onions and split green chillies
Grind ginger and garlic
Cut bread into small pieces and fry in ghee.
- In a pressure cooker add ghee then add cinnamon,cloves,cardomoms and cashews.
- Now add onions and green chillies till crisp.
- Add tomato pieces and ground masala fry till the oil separate s
- Add other vegetables fry slightly and now add water or coconut milk.
- When it begins to boil add mint leaves,coriander leaves,turmeric powder ,salt and finally rice.
- Close the cooker with it’s lid
- Put weight and cook for 10 mts on slow fire or keep for one whistle
- Remove from the stove and allow the pressure to subside.
- Remove weight open the lid and add bread and lime juice and mix well.
If you want more spicy can add chilly powder also can add ready-made briyani masala.
This is a flavourful Indian rice dish.
Serve with raitha and papad.
Another easy recipe from me.This can be prepared with freshly made idlis or from left over ones.This is a kids friendly recipeThis is a Tiffin recipe for lunch or evening snack.
- Small idly or bigger ones cut into pieces.
- Oil for frying
- Onion_____2or 3
- Tomato___1 or 2
- Garlic_____few pods
- Ginger____14 tsp.grated
- Or can use ginger garlic paste
- Chilly sauce___1/2 tsp
- Tomato sauce_1/2 tsp
- Soya sauce_1/2 tsp
- Sugar _____1/4 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
Idli_ __ 5 nos cut into pieces or small idlis a bowl.Fry idols either by shallow fry method or deep fry and keep aside
- Heat oil in a kadai first add onions after frying a little add capsicum,tomatoes and green chilly
- Now add ginger and garlic or ginger and garlic paste.
- After frying a little add tomato sauce,chilli sauce,soya sauce,sugar.
- Sprinkle little water after adding salt to it.
- When the masala is mixed well add fried idlis to it.
- See that the masala blends well with the idly
- Garnish with coriander leaves
Serve with raitha or Sambhar and chutney
- When you fry dont fry too brown It should be crisp outside and soft inside.
- Can add red chilli powder or pepper powder reducing ginger garlic paste.
- When frying if it sticks refrigerate idlis for some time.
- If packing for kids avoid green chilly and can reduce ginger garlic paste.
A bachelor’s receive from me.An easy breakfast or evening snack.Also lunch box special.
- Bread slices______6 to 8
- Green chillies _____2
- Capsicum__________1 or 2
- Red chilly powder___1/2 TSP
- Mustard seeds_______1/4 TSP
- Urad dhal____________1/2 TSP
- Turmeric powder____1/4tsp
- Lemon juice_________1/2 TSP
- Sambarpowder/garam masala powder1/2 to 3/4 TSP(optional)
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste___1/2 TSp
Slice onions,cut tomatoes and capsicum.
If you are adding other vegetables cut it if adding potato par boil and add it.
1.First toast bread slices on a tawa and cut into pieces.
2.In a kadai put oil in it.
3.Add mustard seeds after it spluters add urad dhal.
4.First add sliced onions saute a little then add tomatoes when tomatoes are half done add capsicum.If you are adding other veggies add now.
5.Now add red chilly powder,ginger garlic paste,turmeric powder,garam masala powder and required salt and fry then add lemon juice.
6.When it is done finally add bread slices.
7Mix well add chopped coriander leaves.
- Can add ghee and csahews while giving for kids.
- Can add sambar powder instead of garam masala powder.
- Can skip both powders and do as regular upma.
Lunch box special, kids friendly, breakfast receive, evening snack receive,bachelor’s recipe.Indian cooking
We have a number of variety rice carrot rice is an easy one.We can say that it is lunch box special.It is kids special.
We can prepare in two ways.One is the pressure cooker method thepther one with the left over rice.
- Rice: 1 cup
- Onion-1 or 2 sliced
- carrot:3/4 cup cut in small pieces
- Coriander leaves 1tbs
- Bay leaf:1
- cardomom a few
- Vegetable masala powder:1 or 2 tsp
- salt to taste
- mint leaves few
- Oil or ghee
- Coconut:1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves:1 tbs
- Ginger: a small piece
- Garlic 3 or 4 pods
- Green chilly:1
Wash and keep rice aside
- Keep cooker in stove.Add oil or ghee.
- put bay leaf when it gets heated.
- add cardomom to it.
- Add coriander and mint leaves to it
- Add sliced onions and saute it.
- Now add cut carrot pieces to it
- Then add the ground paste to it and mix well.
- Add vegetable masala powder to it.
- Now add the washed rice to it and fry for few seconds.
- Now add water to it after adding salt to it.
- Close the lid and keep for 2 whistles
Serve with papad and raitha.
1.I have used Sonam masoori rice steam which I use daily for cooking.I used 2 cups of water and kept till 2 whistles.
2.Can use basmati rice but use water accordingly
3.If it is prepared with left over rice same steps from 1 to 8 steps have to be followedcan use grated carrot or if cut pieces boil and add before adding cooked rice.
4.For a variation can add sambar powder instead of vegetable masala.
5.If for kids can fry nuts and add to it.