There are many varieties of payasam.Today thought of sharing one which is made using milk.My son likes all varieties of PAYASAM especially when it is made with milk.Its an easy preparation and also very tasty one.
- Sago………1/4 cup
- Semiya….1/2 cup
- Milk…….2or3 cups
- Cardomom…3 or 4
- Sugar…….1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Cashew… chopped 1tsp
- Ghee…..2 to 3 TBS
- Soak sago for half an hour.
- Put ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
- Fry cashews in ghee and keep aside
- Roast vermicelli fry it and keep it aside.
- Now add sago and fry it.
- Add water and cook .
- When it is half cooked add semiya to it.
- Then add milk and cook.
- Add sugar.
- Finally add fried cashew nuts.
1. Can change the proportion of sago vermicelli.
2. This thickens after cooking so keep little milk aside and add before serving.
3. Sugar can be added according to one’s taste.
4. Can add fried raisins too.