Navaratri is close by so thought of posting a sundal recipe .This is slightly different from the regular method.This is very healthy evening time snack for children too.Very easy to prepare.
- Peanut…….250 gms
- Red chillies…2 or 3
- Oil………2 TBS
- Mustard seeds…..1/2 tsp
- Urad dhal……..1 tsp
- Coconut scrapings….2 TBS
- Curry leaves few
- Coriander leaves finely chopped 1 tsp
- Salt as required
- Sundal powder …1 tsp or 2 tsp
- Onion chopped 1 tbs(optional)
- Coriander seeds….2 TBS
- Channa dhal……..2 TBS
- Red chillies………2 or 3
- Dry roast all three and powder it.
- Can keep in refrigerator for many days
1.Soak peanuts for few hours.
2.Pressure cook for 3 whistles.
3.In a kadai pour oil when heated add mustard seeds when it splutters add urad dhal.
4.When it turns brown if you are adding onions add after putting red chillies then add curry leaves.
5. Add peanut to it then salt,two tsp of powder, coconut scrapings.
6. Finally add chopped coriander leaves.
Some will not use onion during Navaratri then u can skip that.
If u don’t want the powder u can increase the number of red chillies.
Some don’t likecoriander leaves if u don’t want can skip that too