Sweet potato is rich in antioxidant . It is rich in Vit. A .Also have a medium to high glycemic index.
Cooked sweet potatoes are relatively high in fiber. These are composed of carbs. Excellent source of Vit.C., potassium and a decent source of VitB6,Bit.B and Vit.E. This prevents Vit.A deficiency .
Sweet potatoes are very nutrious.
- Sweet Potato…..4 or 5/1/2 kg
- Coconut scrapings…1/4 cup
- Green Chillies……3 to 4
- Oil…..2 to 3 tsp
- Mustard seeds…..1/4 tsp
- Urad dhal….1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves…a few
- Pressure cooker and peel the skin.
- Cut into cubes.
- In a kadai put oil.
- When heated add mustard seeds when it splutters add urad dhal.
- When it turns brown add green chillies and curry leaves.
- Add sweet potatoes and little salt fry a little and then finally add coconut scrapings.
Serve with rice and kuzhambu.
Can add chilly powder instead of green chillies after cutting it into round pieces before boiling.