Soy is full of polyunsaturated fats,proteins and omega 3 fatty acids.They are also rich in calcium and iron while providing no extra sugar or sodium to the body. It enables faster muscle building and metabolism.Soak 1 cup of soya chunks in 21/2 cups of boiled water and then rinse them in cold water after they soften.Ingredients
- Corn flour…….2 TBS
- Chilli powder…1 TSP
- Salt………1 TSP
- Turmeric powder…1 TSP
- Coriander powder..2 TSP
- Marinate the above ingredients and keep it for 10 mts.
Can deep fry but I fried in non-stick pan.Can serve with rice or roti.
I have shared many KEERAI recipes.
Today it is KEERAI kulambu.
Green chillies….2 to 3
Sambar powder…..2 TSP
Salt as needed
Mustard seeds….1/4 TSP
Urad dhal….1/2 TSP
Cumin seeds….1/4 TSP
Toor dhal..cooked 1 cup
- In a kadai put oil. Add chopped onions, garlic and tomato.
- Saute it
- Add arai keerai and fry it.
- Add water to it.
- When it gets cooked add sambar powder and required salt.
- Finally add cooked dhal.
In a pan add 1 TBS oil.add mustard seeds when it splutters addurad dhal.
Add cumin seeds, add red chillies,curry leaves.
Now add the seasonings to the gravy.
Among curry varieties this can be used for both rice and roti.
Bottle guord.,…500 gms
Tomato……1 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds …….1/2 TSP
Red chillies……… 2
Coriander powder….3 TSP
Oil…..3 to 4 TBS
Salt as needed
Turmeric powder 1tsp
Red chilli powder…..1 TSP
Pepper powder….1/4 tsp
Curry leaves a few
Coriander leaves….a few
In a kadai put oil.
Add mustard and saunf fry a little.add redchillies
Add curry leaves then chopped tomatoes and saute it.
Little water and add bottle guord and salt and allow it to cook.
Add turmeric powder,chilli powder, coriander powder and a little pepper powder.
When done remove from fire and serve with roti or as a side dish for rice.
Beans parupu usli is a traditional recipe. This is common in Tamil brahmin house.We can use cluster beans and banana flower too.This is served for festivals and for auspicious functions. Vegetable is cooked with crumled soft dhal.
Soak Dal’s for 2 hrs
- Beans finely chopped….250 gms
- Salt as required
- Turmeric powder…..1/4 tsp
- Split Bengal gram….1/4 cup
- Toordhal…..1/4 cup
- Red chillies…4
- After soaking for few hours grind into paste with red chillies and a little salt and keep aside.
- Chop beans and cook till tender now add the ground paste in the centre and cover it and cook
- Cook till the raw smell goes.check for salt.
- Mix well and the dhal will be crumbled .
Serve with rice and curry.
Among porial varieties this is one.Easy and simple.
- Chow chow…. 1 cup chopped
- Onion…………..1 chopped
- Capsicum……..1 chopped
- Oil………..2 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds….1/4 tsp
- Urad dhal….1/2 tsp
- Porikadalai……3 tsp
- Cumin seeds…..1/2 tsp
- Red chillies…..3
- Coconut scrapings…2 tbs
- Pour oil in a kadai.Add seasoning s to it.
- Add chopped onions and little salt and fry till transparent then add chopped capsicum and fry
Now add chow chow and add little water to it
When it gets cooked add the grounded masala.
I have added little water. If you don’t want to add water can grind without water.
And mix well till it blends well.
Serve with rice and kulambu.
Capsicum is available in multitude of colors. Capsicum are called peppers,red pepper,green pepper,chilli pepper and bell pepper.
They are good source s of dietary fibre,Vit.E,B6,VitB9,Vit.K,folate,Maganese and potassium.
Red capsicum are sweeter than green capsicum.
The sweetness of capsicum is due to their natural sugars.
- Capsicum…….1 cup (cut into cubes)
- Onion………….2 cut into small pieces.
- Garlic……few pods.
- Mustard…1/4 tsp
- Urad dhal…1/2 tsp
- Oil…2 tbs
- Turmeric powder a pinch
- Chilli powder…1/2tsp or porial powder
- Salt as needed
- Put oil in a kadai.
- First add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dhal when it turns brown add onion.
- Add chopped garlic.
- Now add cut capsicum.
- Fry a little add turmeric powder and chilli powder or porial powder.
- Fry till it blends.
Serve with rice and sambar or roti.
- Porial podi:
- Red gram dhal….1/2 cup
- Coriander seeds…1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds………1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds..1/2 tsp
- Red chillies……..5 nos( can increase or decrease accdg. to taste)
- Dry roast and powder it.
- Can use different colour capsicum
- Can add tomorrow’s to it.
- Can use left over fry with rice convert it as capsicum rice.
Sweet potato is rich in antioxidant . It is rich in Vit. A .Also have a medium to high glycemic index.
Cooked sweet potatoes are relatively high in fiber. These are composed of carbs. Excellent source of Vit.C., potassium and a decent source of VitB6,Bit.B and Vit.E. This prevents Vit.A deficiency .
Sweet potatoes are very nutrious.
- Sweet Potato…..4 or 5/1/2 kg
- Coconut scrapings…1/4 cup
- Green Chillies……3 to 4
- Oil…..2 to 3 tsp
- Mustard seeds…..1/4 tsp
- Urad dhal….1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves…a few
- Pressure cooker and peel the skin.
- Cut into cubes.
- In a kadai put oil.
- When heated add mustard seeds when it splutters add urad dhal.
- When it turns brown add green chillies and curry leaves.
- Add sweet potatoes and little salt fry a little and then finally add coconut scrapings.
Serve with rice and kuzhambu.
Can add chilly powder instead of green chillies after cutting it into round pieces before boiling.
Carrot is a root vegetable usually orange in Color though purple,black,red,white and yellow is available.
It contains high quantities of alpha and beta carotene.It is also a good source of Vit.K and Vit.B2 and many minerals.
- Carrot chopped…..2or 3Nos.
- Onion…..1or 2
- Green chillies…2 or 3
- Grated coconut…3 or 4 TBS
- Mustard seeds…..1/4tsp
- Urad dhal………..1/2tsp
- Oil…..1or 2tbs
- Curry leaves a few
- Chop carrot into small pieces.
- Boil it with little water.
- When half done add salt to it and when it is cooked keep aside.
- In a kadai pour oil and when mustard seeds splutter add urad dhal.
- Then add curry leaves, chopped onions , green chillies and fry it.
- Add cooked carrot and finally add scraped coconut.
Serve with rasam or sambar or curd rice.
Easy preparation.Favourite for kids too.Ladies finger are rich in Vitamin.A, Vitamin C. Rich sources of dietary fibre, minerals. It has high level of antioxidants.Fresh pods are good sources of folates.
They are also wthB complex vitamins,niacin,vit K.It also has iron, calcium,manganese and magnesium.
There are lot of health benefits when we eat this.
- Ladies finger….250gms.
- Onion ……1(optional)
- Red chillies……2 or 3
- Turmeric powder….1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder…….1/2 tsp
- Oil 3 to 4 tbs
- Mustard seeds…1/4tsp
- Urad dhal……..1/2 tsp
- Red gram dhal……2 tbs
- Coriander seeds…2 tbs
- Red chillies……….3 or 4
Dry roast these ingredients and powder it.
- First wash and wipe ladies fingers.
- Chop into 11/2 to 2 inches length.
- Keep kadai and put oil in it.
- Now after seasoning add red chillies.If you are adding onions now you add fry a little.
- Now add okra to it.
- To ladies finger add turmeric powder,chilly powder and salt and fry.
- When it is 3/4 done add 1 to 2 tbs of the powder to it.
- When it blends well remove from fire.
It goes well with phulka,dal rice, sambar or even with curd rice.
When for kids need not add red chillies.
If you are adding the powder can decrease the number of red chillies.