Watch “சுவையான சேனை கிழங்கு வறுவல் yam tawa roast ருசியான சேனை roast” on YouTube
A very tasty side dish for rice.
Watch “சுவையான மொறுமொறு வாழைக்காய் வறுவல்😋 crispy tastyraw banana fry with special powder sidedish for rice” on YouTube
Watch “தமிழ் நாட்டின் பாரம்பரிய பழங்கரி, சுண்ட கறி | Left over curry” on YouTube
This is a different style of PORIAL.
Cut raw banana into small pieces.
Coconut scrapings…..3 tbs
Red chillies……4 or 5 accdg to taste
Turmeric powder…1 tsp
Cumin seeds……1/2 tsp
Urad dhal…..1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds….1/4 tsp
Salt as needed
1. Boil raw banana with salt and turmeric for free minutes.Dont cook for longer time as it will become soggy.
2.Grind coconut scrapings with red chillies and cumin seeds without adding water.
3. In a kadai put some oil add seasonings ,hing and grounded paste.
4. Fry for few minutes.
5. Now add the boiled VAZHAKAI and check for salt.
6. Mix well and leave for few minutes.
Serve with rice as a side dish.
Soy is full of polyunsaturated fats,proteins and omega 3 fatty acids.They are also rich in calcium and iron while providing no extra sugar or sodium to the body. It enables faster muscle building and metabolism.Soak 1 cup of soya chunks in 21/2 cups of boiled water and then rinse them in cold water after they soften.Ingredients
- Corn flour…….2 TBS
- Chilli powder…1 TSP
- Salt………1 TSP
- Turmeric powder…1 TSP
- Coriander powder..2 TSP
- Marinate the above ingredients and keep it for 10 mts.
Can deep fry but I fried in non-stick pan.Can serve with rice or roti.
I have shared many KEERAI recipes.
Today it is KEERAI kulambu.
Green chillies….2 to 3
Sambar powder…..2 TSP
Salt as needed
Mustard seeds….1/4 TSP
Urad dhal….1/2 TSP
Cumin seeds….1/4 TSP
Toor dhal..cooked 1 cup
- In a kadai put oil. Add chopped onions, garlic and tomato.
- Saute it
- Add arai keerai and fry it.
- Add water to it.
- When it gets cooked add sambar powder and required salt.
- Finally add cooked dhal.
In a pan add 1 TBS oil.add mustard seeds when it splutters addurad dhal.
Add cumin seeds, add red chillies,curry leaves.
Now add the seasonings to the gravy.
Among curry varieties this can be used for both rice and roti.
Bottle guord.,…500 gms
Tomato……1 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds …….1/2 TSP
Red chillies……… 2
Coriander powder….3 TSP
Oil…..3 to 4 TBS
Salt as needed
Turmeric powder 1tsp
Red chilli powder…..1 TSP
Pepper powder….1/4 tsp
Curry leaves a few
Coriander leaves….a few
In a kadai put oil.
Add mustard and saunf fry a little.add redchillies
Add curry leaves then chopped tomatoes and saute it.
Little water and add bottle guord and salt and allow it to cook.
Add turmeric powder,chilli powder, coriander powder and a little pepper powder.
When done remove from fire and serve with roti or as a side dish for rice.
Beans parupu usli is a traditional recipe. This is common in Tamil brahmin house.We can use cluster beans and banana flower too.This is served for festivals and for auspicious functions. Vegetable is cooked with crumled soft dhal.
Soak Dal’s for 2 hrs
- Beans finely chopped….250 gms
- Salt as required
- Turmeric powder…..1/4 tsp
- Split Bengal gram….1/4 cup
- Toordhal…..1/4 cup
- Red chillies…4
- After soaking for few hours grind into paste with red chillies and a little salt and keep aside.
- Chop beans and cook till tender now add the ground paste in the centre and cover it and cook
- Cook till the raw smell goes.check for salt.
- Mix well and the dhal will be crumbled .
Serve with rice and curry.