This type of vegetable kurma can be had with roti,parotta ,ghee rice or fried rice.q
Masala to be grinded
- Coconut grated ____1/2 to3/4 cup
- Green chillies_______3 to 4
- Cashew nuts________7 to 8
- Small onions________6 nos
- Garlic______________few flakes
- Ginger chopped___1 inch size
- Fennel seeds______2 TBS
- Cinnamon________2 pieces
- Poppy seeds______2tbs
All these are to be grinded raw.
Vegetables _carrot,beans,potato,beans all these are to be cut and boiled orcan be cooked incooker in one whistle.
- Onion____2 finely chopped
- Salt as needed
- Oil _______2 TBS
- 1 TSP____fennel seeds.
- Chopped coriander leaves 1 tbs
- Ina saucepan put oil then add fennel seeds
- Now add chopped onions to it.
- After saying add the grinded paste.fry till the raw smell goes.
- Add the boiled or cooked vegetables,required salt to it.when it mixes well add chopped coriander leaves.
Another rice variety from me.Many prepare this in different ways. I learnt this from my mother.In this method rice and djal are cooked and then it is prepared.
Tamarind____a small lime size
Turmeric powder____1/4 TSP
Asafoetida______ 1/4 TSP
Veggies___peas,carrot,beans and potato cut into small squares.
Ghee_____ 3 to 4 tbs
Salt as required
Chopped coriander leaves
To roast and grind into coarse powder.
Red chillies___ 3to4
Channa dhal___3 TBS
Dry roast these ingredients and grind into powder.
Oil ___2 TBS
Coconut 3 to 4 TBS
Fry these ingredients lightly and then grind it coarsely without adding water.
Mustard seeds_____1/4 TSP
Urad dhal__________1/2 TSP
- Cook rice and dhal separately.
- Keep cooker in stove.pour3 TBS ghee into it.
- Put onions first saute a little then add cut veggies saute
- Add tamarind extract (enough for cooking veegies)
- Now add turmeric powder,hing and salt.
- After the veggies are half way done add the powder to it and allow it to boil.
- Add cooked shal first and then cooked rice finally coarsely grounded coconut.
- Add seasoning and chopped coriander leaves.
- If needed add more ghee
- It will be loose initially but will set after sometime.
- Serve with papad or vadams.
South Indian cooking,lunch box recipe,sambar sadam, rice recipes.