Broccoli is an edible green plant in the cabbage family whose large flowering head is eaten as a vegetable.It is known to be a tasty vegetable which is rich in nutrients.
It has substantial amount of Vit.C,Vit.K,Vit.A,Vit.B6,folate,dietaryfibre,potassium,serenium,manganese and phosphorus.It is a rich source of phytonutrient,glucosinates,flavonoids and antioxidant that boost your health in a great way.
Health benefits of broccoli:
It prevents certain types of cancer
Reduces cholesterol, reduces allergic reaction and inflammation and is also good for eye care.
- Broccoli 1 medium size or 1 cup florets.
- Onion_1no finely chopped
- Oil as required
- Mustard _1/4 tsp
- Urad dhal_1/2 tsp
- Garlic minced 1 tsp or ginger garlic paste.
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder 1 tsp.
- Salt as needed.
- Broccoli florets should be separated.
- Cut broccoli into small bits we do for cauliflower
- Put in warm water for few minutes and remove it immediately.
- Heat oil in kadai and add mustard seeds to it when it splitters add urad dhal to it.
- 4.Add chopped onions to it and saute it.Add garlic too.
- 5.Add broccoli to it now add turmeric powder,chilly powder and salt to it.
- 6.If needed sprinkle little water
- And cook.
- This will get cooked soon.
- Chilly powder can be replace with sambar powder or can use little coriander powder
- If u don’t want to add turmeric powder can avoid that.