Another single variety rice .Cauliflower is a very good source of vitamin.C and manganese.It is low in fat,high in fiber and have antioxidant and inflammatory properties.
First we have to get the cauliflower ready for the rice.in this we prepare a batter to fry the florets.
Ingredients for batter
- All purpose flour/Maida ____1/2 cup
- Corn flour ______1/2 cup
- Chilli powder___1 tbs
- Food color(optional)
- Garam masala__1/2 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Oil for frying the florets.
Cut cauliflower into florets.Put in hot water with salt to clean it.Now dip the florets in batter and then fry it.Keep aside.
- Rice ___3 cups
- Green chillies ___2 or 3
- Carrot chopped__1 cup
- Cabbage chopped_2cups
- Chilli powder___2 tsp
- Pepper powder_2tsp
- Garam masala_1 tbs
- Tomato sauce___3tbs
- Chilli sauce__1 or 2tsp
- Soya sauce__1 tbs
- Salt as needed
- Oil 4 tbs
- In a kadai put oil.
- Add green chillies slit to it
- Add chopped carrots to it and fry a little
- Now add chopped cabbage to it
- To this add fried cauliflower,then chilli powder,pepper powder,all sauces and required salt
- Finally add cooked rice to it.
Serve with raitha and papas.
Podi idli is a recipe which can be prepared quickly.All you need is idli and idli podi.This is a lunch box special too.Left over idlis can be cut into pieces and we can prepare in this way.
- Idlis podi mixed with oil
- Curry leaves
- Oil 3 to 4 tbs
- Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
- uraddhal 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves chopped 1 tbs
- Sugar 1/4 tsp
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Make small idlis or cut big idlis into small pieces.
- Mix podi with oil and coat the idlis with it.
- In a pan put 3 tbs oil add mustard seeds to it. When it splitters add urad dhal then add curry leaves.
- When fried add idlis to it.
- Fry a little.
- Sprinle little salt and sugar to it.
- Finally add chopped coriander leaves to it.
Serve hot.some like to have with chutney or Sambhar too.
Vangi Bhath is a South Indian dish.In a simple way we call it brinjal rice.A single rice recipe and also tiffinbox recipe too.The powder is the key ingredient for this rice.can store the powder in fridge for up to 10 days and use it when needed.
Rice 2 bowls cookedBrinjal 1 cup cut lengthwise
- Red chillies 4 or 5
- Coriander seeds 2 tbs
- Channa dhal 2tbs
- Urad dhal 2tbs
- Pepper1 tsp
- Cinnamon a small piece
- khus khus 1tsp
- Grated Dry coconut2tbs(optional)
- Oil for seasoning
- Mustardseeds1/4 tsp
- Urad dhal 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves a few
- Dry roast the ingredients separately and powder it.
- Take a pan put little oil .
- Put mustard seeds when it splutters add urad dhal fry a little add curry leaves.
- Now add cut brinjals to it.fry .when almost done add the powder and required salt.
- When it mixes well add cooked rice to it.
Serve with raitha or papads
Another rice variety from me.Many prepare this in different ways. I learnt this from my mother.In this method rice and djal are cooked and then it is prepared.
Tamarind____a small lime size
Turmeric powder____1/4 TSP
Asafoetida______ 1/4 TSP
Veggies___peas,carrot,beans and potato cut into small squares.
Ghee_____ 3 to 4 tbs
Salt as required
Chopped coriander leaves
To roast and grind into coarse powder.
Red chillies___ 3to4
Channa dhal___3 TBS
Dry roast these ingredients and grind into powder.
Oil ___2 TBS
Coconut 3 to 4 TBS
Fry these ingredients lightly and then grind it coarsely without adding water.
Mustard seeds_____1/4 TSP
Urad dhal__________1/2 TSP
- Cook rice and dhal separately.
- Keep cooker in stove.pour3 TBS ghee into it.
- Put onions first saute a little then add cut veggies saute
- Add tamarind extract (enough for cooking veegies)
- Now add turmeric powder,hing and salt.
- After the veggies are half way done add the powder to it and allow it to boil.
- Add cooked shal first and then cooked rice finally coarsely grounded coconut.
- Add seasoning and chopped coriander leaves.
- If needed add more ghee
- It will be loose initially but will set after sometime.
- Serve with papad or vadams.
South Indian cooking,lunch box recipe,sambar sadam, rice recipes.
I have already given the recipe for left over curry.(PAZHANG CURRY).Now I thought of sharing this simple and easy recipe with left over idlis or even can make a batch of fresh idlis cool it and then prepare it.It is very common in South India.
*Crumbled Idli from 5 to 6 Idlis.
*Big Onion- 2 or 3but if you use Shallots it will be more tastier.
*Green Chillies -2 to 3 or can use both green and red chillies.
*Curry leaves- a few
*Mustard seeds- 1/2 TSP
*Urad dhal_ 1 TSP
*Oil – For frying
*Hing a pinch.
1.Crumble the idlis with your hand.Or put in mixer just whip it once.If you have made fresh batch allow it cool and then crumble.
2.Heat 2 to 3 tbs. of oil in a kadai.(sesame oil will be best).
3.Add mustard seeds when it splutters add urad dhal green cllies, onion and curry leaves.
If you want to add dosa
podi add now
4. Now addcrumbled idlis and check for salt if needed add salt.
Can add turmeric powder and coriander leaves